How do you count this song?

Postby pappypgh » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:29 am

Sorry, I couldn't resist - what with being your mortal arch-enemy and all!! :lol:
www.theCAUSEjams.com

"Once in awhile, you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - R. Hunter

"If we had any nerve at all, if we had any real balls as a society, or whatever you need, whatever quality you need, real character, we would make an effort to really address the wrongs in this society, righteously." - Jerry Garcia
pappypgh

Postby strumminsix » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:31 am

pappypgh wrote:Sorry, I couldn't resist - what with being your mortal arch-enemy and all!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
strumminsix

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:17 am

strumminsix wrote:
pappypgh wrote:
strumminsix wrote:I'll say this about not counting - you will FUCK UP the return to the Bm on "Playin'" if you don't hit on the 14th...

I think you HIT it on the 15 (count 14, then hit on the next beat, right?) :roll:

Yes, sorry. Dammit. meant AFTER

Easier: count the protracted A chord out to 10, then give yourself a hearty "1,2,3,4!" to lead into the Bm.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby pappypgh » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:42 am

tigerstrat wrote:
strumminsix wrote:
pappypgh wrote:
strumminsix wrote:I'll say this about not counting - you will FUCK UP the return to the Bm on "Playin'" if you don't hit on the 14th...

I think you HIT it on the 15 (count 14, then hit on the next beat, right?) :roll:

Easier: count the protracted A chord out to 10, then give yourself a hearty "1,2,3,4!" to lead into the Bm.

PRECISELY. :cool: :cool: :cool:
www.theCAUSEjams.com

"Once in awhile, you can get shown the light in the strangest of places, if you look at it right." - R. Hunter

"If we had any nerve at all, if we had any real balls as a society, or whatever you need, whatever quality you need, real character, we would make an effort to really address the wrongs in this society, righteously." - Jerry Garcia
pappypgh

Postby BOUKINATOR » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:21 pm

strumminsix wrote:
pappypgh wrote:

my point exactly :D
BOUKINATOR
Mickey
Mickey

Previous

Return to Estimated Prophet