Fret board stickers

Re: Fret board stickers

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:57 am

strumminsix wrote:
Mandoborg wrote:Strumminsix, what size are your side dots ?? A neat trick i do on Rosewood and Ebony fingerboards w/o binding is to use Aluminum rod . Drill yours out, if applicable, and put the aluminum in.......When light hits those, they light up like a little LED's, and you don't need much light at all to do it........... Stole that out of PRS' book !!

Smallest I've ever had :lol: Can't say exactly right now but have to say that I'm a bit wary of any permanent modifications to a Modulus.

Especially ones that involve drilling into the graphite neck!

I have home-made dots on the P-bass copy that I'm using for the JGB stuff - just a shallow hole made by the tip of a drill bit, and filled with purple nail polish, done way back when it was the bass that paid my rent. It came with NO side dots at all. :shock: Still not something I'd do to a Modulus...
Rusty the Scoob

Postby erock » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:00 am

jackr wrote:
erock wrote:Once I get them, I'll post a full review. Kind of a poor man's inlay

Looking forward to your review. He's got a lot of cool stuff, but I figured you can be the guinea pig before I pull the trigger.

just pulled the trigger on them today.
Once I get em, and put them on, I say my thoughts, and put up some pictures. I personally wonder how long the will last. people say you really can't tell they are there, but I wonder about lifespan. WTF only ten bucks :P
erock
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby Friesman » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:42 am

Received mine last night- they are very cool and competely worth the $
I also got the 2 irwin eagle as well..
good stuff!!
tx,
friesman
Friesman
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby erock » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:52 am

Friesman wrote:Received mine last night- they are very cool and competely worth the $
I also got the 2 irwin eagle as well..
good stuff!!
tx,
friesman

pics?

How long did it take for you get them? I keep checking my mail every day to see if they are here yet :) :P
erock
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby vwjodyme » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:13 pm

also got mine this weekend. i'd say easily worth the $! I would say though they do seem like they'd unpeel if you have swetty hands or catch a coner of one with a string or nail. also i imagine they will wear through eventually. but look great and totally worth the $10 :cool:

ps. also got one of the trees for my gf's sage strat and it looks unreal. totally looks like real abalone!

sorry, have no idea how to add pic...my usual cut and paste doesnt work here
vwjodyme

Postby erock » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:54 am

Got em last night, I haven't had a chance to play much with them as i broke the high e string trying to get back into tune. I couldn't find any strings, but it was kind of late last night.

from the noodling i did last night, I couldn't feel them, and they totally look great.

here's a pic
erock
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby TI4-1009 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:38 am

I got mine yesterday and I'm impressed with the visual quality- particularly the Irwin eagle/earth- very nice. I got two Irwin eagles/earths, one larger eagle without planet, the fretboard inlay, a set of yin-yang stickers (for non-guitar use), and a McCartney "Bassman" sticker for a bass player friend. All very nice quality, shipped from Japan in just a week ($5 shipping for the batch!). Obviously don't know how the fretboard inly stickers will hold up, but the visuals on all are excellent.

Edit- Interesting, I just checked his store and didn't see the Irwin eagle/earth sticker that I received two of? The "Garcia eagle" was just an eagle. Sold out? NLA?
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby gr8fulbluz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:54 pm

I was looking at them and they look pretty good for what i was thinking. Actually i was thinking of doing it myself.
Doing a sticker for my truss rod cover. I want something like a green celtic triangle knot or cross for the TRC.
Now, 'The Garcia eagle' caught my eye, i should find out if it would fit and come in Abalone green. It looks great.
I do have a green celtic cross i made but it is a window sticker and wont work on a black TRC.
it is just something i have always had in the back of my mind. I wanna dress up the TRC in green.
I just would have to match the headstock in a big way. On going project i guess.

pic linky>>
the headstock and neck view
gr8fulbluz
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby HeadSpace » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:47 pm

TI4-1009 wrote:
Edit- Interesting, I just checked his store and didn't see the Irwin eagle/earth sticker that I received two of? The "Garcia eagle" was just an eagle. Sold out? NLA?

I successfully ordered two of the Irwin Eagle/Earth stickers two days ago (along with the "Garcia" inlays). So sold out is possible.
HeadSpace
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby jdsmodulus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:12 am

These look better than I ever thought they would. Im real glad some folks are getting them.
jdsmodulus

Postby rkubik » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:30 am

I just put mine on a few weeks ago and love the look. Have not had any problem with them since install. I did have issues with them sticking at first but after I used some chemicals to clean any residue off the fretboard I had no issues. It was a brand new board never been played and must have had some oil on it or something that was inhibiting the adhesive. Probably one of the better $15 I have spent.
rkubik
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby Adam Deckard » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:46 am

alright,

a bunch of u bought these things, lets see some photos! I know you old farts can figure out how to post em.

adam
Adam Deckard
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby tcsned » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:59 pm

Adam Deckard wrote:alright,

"old farts"
adam

who you callin' old :lol:
I'm gonna get something for my under construction guitar since the fretboard is blank right now. When I do, I'll post a pic since I am a "intarwebs savvy old fart"
tcsned

Postby erock » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Adam Deckard wrote:alright,

a bunch of u bought these things, lets see some photos! I know you old farts can figure out how to post em.

adam

what... is my post not good enough for ya? (you can almost see the eagle on the headstock too)
erock
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby Adam Deckard » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Haha,

Thought that might get a rise out of someone. erock, seriously thanks for posting. The thing is, I like getting on this website all the time (at school, home, on the smartbus commuting etc.) and checking out all the cool stuff everybody has and the photos are the best part about it. I dont know how many times i've searched "jerry garcia guitar" on ebay and how many times i've bid on em as well, or how many times i've checked up on phiga's site to see if there was anything new and maybe get a wolf look alike or somethin, but there's never enough photos to check out or reviews floating around, and i feel like there's probably a handful of people who frequent this site who own one but havn't posted any pictures. I read this old thread where some dude was ranting and ranting about the quality of his phiga wolf and how u have to be a maestro to own one or something, that's something i wanna see! So, if you don't know how to upload photos on RUKIND please PM me and ill fashion you a youtube video and show u how. I'll figure out how to do the desktop recorder thing and just walk u through it rukind style.

adam
Adam Deckard
Terrapin
Terrapin

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar Building and Mods