Jack of Roses closing down

Re: Jack of Roses closing down

Postby waldo041 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:05 am

Brian,

very classy move to come out here and just let everyone know the deal! kudos to you and know that while some may have complained about shipping, the work was always brilliant. your brass will be missed, but you leave the door open for the possibility of someone else taking up the reins and getting the goods back out there. you the man and good luck in all you do.

give me a shout when your schedule slows down.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby jdsmodulus » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:28 am

Right on Brian I have some of your stickers and I also would have bought some brass but no worries, all good things in all good times!
jdsmodulus

Postby strumminsix » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:39 am

Thanks for the "official word"! Good luck to you, dude!
strumminsix

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:00 am

Thanks for letting us know, Brian! Glad you are still doing stickers, too, I hope to buy some soon. Hope you find your sanity soon!
Rusty the Scoob

Postby paulinnc » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:20 pm

I really like the parts I got from Brian. They are perfect!!! I know I made some comments about how long things took to get, nothing bad I just stated things took awhile. Many people including myself had no idea Brian was trying to do all the parts and stuff by himself. I knew it was a small operation but not that small. I know when I spoke to Brian he told me about his band and some other event promotion stuff he was involved with. Maybe in the future he could do stuff in batches like a lot of builders do and when they get booked up they stop taking orders for awhile. Whatever happens I am glad to know the site will still be around and brian is doing what he feels is right.
paulinnc

Postby paulinnc » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:36 pm

Looks like the sight is gone.
paulinnc

Postby Jon S. » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:17 pm

Like a steam locomotive ...

Thanks again Brian, for all the parts, tone, stickers and vibes. :smile:

"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby waldo041 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:39 pm

brian is not gone!!!!

just occupied with some other good mojo!!!

guitarist on the left!!!

http://www.myspace.com/sunshinefamilyband

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby bnalls » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:11 am

thanks for all the love guys. the site is back up with just stickers available. it was only down because i was having computer problems and couldn't update it to the state it is now, which is where it needs to be for now. I was getting orders i couldn't fill still. people even hacked into google caches to order missing items. sorry if you're one of the few who had to not get stuff but it was too late in this part of the game for me to get in the basement and polish more brass with the band and all getting bigger. We opening for Jemimah Puddleduck this summer featuring Mark Karan of Ratdog. Maybe Bobby will get wind from him that we're interpreting the music well. Bobby Lee Rodgers might sit it with us (youngest teacher ever at Berklee, excellent, excellent songwriter and musician and one of John Mayer's teachers) and maybe we'll even Meet Melvin Seals and his Hammond B3. I'm getting my Leslies ready.
thanks for all the kind words and keep on building guys. as for the brass designs, i did lots of work to get them and one day may revisit them. I just don't know as of yet.
thanks,
brian
bnalls
rukind?
rukind?

Previous

Return to Guitar Building and Mods