re-vamped Jerry Strat

re-vamped Jerry Strat

Postby JamGuy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Thanks again to the kind folks who helped me source out (and deliver) the goods needed to finish up my Jerry Strat. I swapped out the previous tuners with locking Fenders, added some pearl buttons, a new Callaham bridge, one piece ash Warmoth body with a battery compartment (the previous body had the battery in the trem cavity) and the new dual input jack cover. I just took her for a lengthy test run and it sounds great... not exactly like Rosebud by any means but it has some very Irwin-esqu overtones and has a great tone all it's own too. 8)
JamGuy
Rosebud
Rosebud

Re: re-vamped Jerry Strat

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:59 am

Nice!
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby tatittle » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:09 am

What kind of neck, tear etc.?
Looks terrific///love the ash.
tatittle
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Location: NJ via Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Postby JamGuy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:26 am

The neck is from a Fender Roadhouse Strat... it's one of the Mexican made models but the neck feels great, it's well constructed, and the finish/workmanship is flawless. I added some new locking tuners and threw on some pearl buttons too. The body is from Warmoth... a one piece ash and I had them add a battery compartment so I didn't need to stash it in the trem cavity. I replaced the MIM/brass block bridge with a Callaham vintage/narrow bridge with solid steel block. The electronics are a blend of Tiger/Rosebud. No midi, 2 S2s in the neck and middle and a SD in the bridge. Then the buffer and a new jack plate.
JamGuy
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby Chris Nesly » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi ! Your Strat is wonderful , except for the 'large' head ! - all is the best and intelligent as I would do, cause the 'theory' is the same as to Wolf, Tiger & so on ! : S/H/H or h/h/h, all splittable, etc... I suppose it's the spirit you guide you ?... Thank if we could hear some thing about it ! So, Congratulations JamGuy ! (I am from France, was at the Olympia in 72 !; and never speak so good english ; own a G&L Tribute excellent but "strat"! ; and other little guitar with Wilkinson p.ups very good and cheap... anothers subjects...) :-)
Chris Nesly
welcome
welcome

Postby jackaroo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:24 am

I like a big headstock Strat too! It looks cool...less refined maybe than the 50/60s small HS, but it's got swagger!

Nice!

J
jackaroo
tiger
tiger

Return to Guitar Building and Mods