Rosebud Middle PUP

Re: Rosebud Middle PUP

Postby mkaufman » Wed May 07, 2014 4:53 am

To simplify:

- flipping the middle pickup only affects its position in relation to other pickups when splitting that pickup. It can affect, for example, the degree of Strat 'quack' which would result from using the neck or bridge pickup in conjunction with the middle pickup. Plus, it will affect tone (brighter when the active single coil is towards the bridge, darker when towards the neck).

- RWRP (reverse wound. reverse polarity) results in hum cancellation and proper phasing. If you don't reverse the wiring, you'll get a nasally phase-reversal tone.

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://www.advantech-ny.com/DellComputerWarranty/
mkaufman

Postby drewfx » Wed May 07, 2014 9:39 am

Bobbybriand wrote: Looks like Pete Townshend even learned something from Jerry. Check out his cherry les paul and the creme ring and dimarz in the center pos. I heard those cherry lespaul's were labelled 1 thru 5 and identical but he needed 5 because he would constantly be cracking the neck or body when he goes spaz and were constanly being repaired.
Check it: http://youtu.be/Rp6-wG5LLqE

Townshend starting adding the middle PU in 1976 (though he claimed he rarely/never used it). The numbers denoted different tunings/capos/etc:

http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/gear/guitar/lpdeluxe.html
drewfx
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby TI4-1009 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:34 am

"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby TI4-1009 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:00 am

I just saw this photo over on the SG forum. A 1969 two-pickup SG, note the swimming pool rout. Interesting.

"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby Bobbybriand » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Yes I know Gibson made some special editions. Theyre garbage. Just walk into a guitar shop and see how many guitars have 3 buckers back to back to back. You'd be lucky to find one in the biggest of guitar shops. You'll be lucky even if you found n H-S-H pickup config.
Gibson are garbage,Fenders are garbage with their heavily shielded(not) pickup guard and wiring pickguard, They all need customizing in my eyes. What jerry did was take only the features he liked eg.strat wiring and scale, gibson he took bridges and features from the neck,etc. Had all the pro of the mass market guitars melt into his dream guitar. He was not happy with any mainstream guitar. The wolf went through several phases til perfection. Tiger had the perfection and the rosebud went a step further and incorporated a GK2 midi n pickup. Added 2 momentary switches foe cycling midi patches not to mention some other wiring tweaks. Rosebud in my eyes is the best guitar ever made.
Bobbybriand
Donna
Donna

Postby flyingheelhook » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:25 am

Gibson are garbage

Biassed much? :roll:
flyingheelhook
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby Bobbybriand » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:03 am

No bias at all. Ive been through the neck cracking at the body phase,the head snapping off phase because of its steep angle.We have returned over 500 gibsons back at my music store over the years. At one point the epiphones were flawless and beat their gibson brothers. Epiphone SGs are supposed to have a higher quality neck at one time. I cant stand fenders too. Their cheap tremolo bridges are a must to change and their electronics are insulated by a foil lined pick guard almost the size of the guitar. Jerry was bias against every guitar mass produced. He tried all the gibsons and then some.
Hand Crafted in the USA is what I want.
Bobbybriand
Donna
Donna

Previous

Return to Guitar Building and Mods