Another One Done

Another One Done

Postby 1dallek1 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:02 pm

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.526686924038392.117853.100000912686782&type=1&l=457bc61dd6

The client had a specific request here that was new to me. as he was not involved with the jerry Garcia setup but instead knows of me through other clients who also follow a different calling. Well he wanted a bypass to have either the straight signal or the buffered signal. So using the same signal path the switch was uses as a buffer bypass instead of an obel bypass. So 5 way switch to DPDT acting as a buffer bypass and everything else the same. I used a Phoenix connector specially adapted to connect the pickguard assembly to the buffer for easy removal, it could have been much more high tech but sometimes enough is enough, besides I believe when the client hears the straight signal to the buffered signal he will be getting an OBEL. I never heard the comparison before myself and was shocked.

Excuse me for the levity I think its worth telling, after long hours and late at night first test time, I labeled the bypass switch backwards and it was tragic. I began questioning the meaning of life, thinking the buffered signal was the straight pickups and visa versa, it was tragic. I even wrote to a friend who also did the bypass and I’m sure they were wondering what was up with me. I did not realize simple mix-up until the next day when I did some tests and resumed with testing. There is a moral here,” sleep is necessary, sometimes”, but I had a good laugh anyway.
Last edited by 1dallek1 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!!! ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION !!!
1dallek1
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Re: Another One Done

Postby cmc64 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:08 am

Nice solution. I like it. I have a Strat to do myself but due to another member here now I have an even bigger project. :-)

But I may use that idea in the future. Good work!
cmc64
Billy
Billy

Postby seamones » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:41 am

De-Koonsed?
seamones
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby strumminsix » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:15 am

seamones wrote:De-Koonsed?

A while ago. The big boss man here had a peace summit. Don't recall which thread that was in but basically as Dallek started to talk more about project and music big boss man laid down the advisement we should all get along and honestly, judge you know that seem to me to be about right.
strumminsix

Return to Guitar Building and Mods