need Tak EF360SC repairs near Albany, NY

need Tak EF360SC repairs near Albany, NY

Postby Yankee Tim » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:49 am

Hey there. My beloved, single owner 1986 Takamine EF360SC need some work, and while I feel comfortable messing around with a $100 Epi, this is way to expensive and precious for me to screw up. (Yup, same model as the one Jerry used to play). I'm nervous as I had work years ago done (simple neck truss tweek). What I got instead was a replaced nut (ugly too), wrong gauge strings and a replaced bridge plastic thingy that wasn't done right (if you know Tak piezo pickups, this is a big no-no). And I got to pay $225 for that experience, thank you very much.

That said, I'm looking for a good, no, great repair tech or luthier in the grater Albany, NY region (or Woodstock as that is close to me). The kinder the better. Thanks in advance!
Yankee Tim
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: need Tak EF360SC repairs near Albany, NY

Postby Mr.Burns » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Just a suggestion that an Ovation dealer, or former one, might have access to legit Tak parts. Or any KMC affiliated brand dealer.
Mr.Burns
Phil
Phil

Re: need Tak EF360SC repairs near Albany, NY

Postby Yankee Tim » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks. But the last repair was done by a shop that was Takamine Authorized Service. So I'm hoping to find a good personal reference of somebody who knows what to do right.
Yankee Tim
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Return to Guitar Building and Mods