Looking for someone in LA

Looking for someone in LA

Postby WildEye » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:57 pm

To make a short story long - grate info on this site. I have a fender that I have modified bit by bit over the past few years. And I had a great tone from it and loved it but the wiring was a mess (yet worked). When I was trying to move the placement of 2 switches I ripped out a bunch of wires from the rats nest... whoops, yeah I know if it aint broke.... So after that I had to rewire it from scratch and that's not a bad thing - I know now exactly what I want and to do it right rather than jimmy rig one mod on top of another... So that was gonna have to happen at some point. But doing everything from scratch is way more daunting than adding new pups, coil cut or blaster.... So I made the mistake and brought my guitar to a professional. After initial great response and promise of a quick turn-around it's been 6 months and it still hasn't even been started.... "I ordered parts... they arrived... oh I lost the parts...blah blah blah".

So I'm at the point where I want to get my guitar + pups and walds buffer back from him. Anybody out there know a good guy in Los Angeles who could do the work??? I got $ and that's not the issue, just looking for a straight shooter who will deliver what they promise. My other option is to try it myself, I can read a diagram and solder but don't understand the "why" and fear the endless nights trying to get it to work right. If there's someone in the area who might be willing to help me I'd do my best to make it worth their while to help me at certain stages.

Any feedback is welcome, thx.
WildEye
Mickey
Mickey

Re: Looking for someone in LA

Postby Dwarf Rat » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:21 am

Dwarf Rat
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby TI4-1009 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:32 am

Don Butler (Toneman) has a great reputation. Does work for many big name people.

http://www.tone-man.com/
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby WildEye » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Thx, I met with Eric today and gonna give him a shot.
WildEye
Mickey
Mickey

Return to Guitar Building and Mods