Parts for your jerryifying needs

Re: Parts for your jerryifying needs

Postby TI4-1009 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:16 pm

softmachine72 wrote:alpha pots are Chinese crap. At least use a CTS 25k log much tighter action. I do have a few RV4N MIl . spec pots. for sale
Leo

by SarnoMusicSolutions » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:08 pm

Actually, Alpha pot's are VERY good quality, industry standards in a lot of boutique guitar gear, and in my experience are superior to the inconsistent and fairly sloppy stuff that CTS makes these days. Bournes makes nice sealed pots, and they've recently delved into the open frame carbon style that we're used to, so that too may be worth trying. But Alpha absolutely makes a very good pot. I like their 24mm carbon series. Very cleanable, nice smooth torque, consistent, long-life, reliable, etc. Tons of 25k log-taper pots out there.

And yes, the RV4 (mil spec, long-life, sealed) types by PEC from Canada are very good pots as well.

As the Gary Larson would say: "Trouble Brewin'" :lol:
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Re: Parts for your jerryifying needs

Postby softmachine72 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:35 pm

The "cheap" Alpha pots i was referring to are the ones you see all over the internet for 1.99 from All parts ect . My experiences with CTS pots in my amp builds have been good , (usually within 1 or 2% of value)Although on an amp you do not turn them up and down as much. I was wrong to assume that the stew mac pots were the same design as the ubiquitous Alpha pots I mentioned above. Life is a learning experience if one is open to it.
L
softmachine72
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Previous

Return to Guitar Building and Mods