Paging WALDO, Wiring Schematic Help

Paging WALDO, Wiring Schematic Help

Postby unnbrokenchain » Wed May 04, 2011 7:03 pm

If anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. I have a Carvin sh65 which I recently had to rewire the entire thing. I thought I could rewire it and have failed miserably. If anyone could layout a wiring schematic I would :hail: :hail: :hail: praise you.

I have two humbuckers (carvin)
1 Volume pot
1 Tone pot
3 way pickup switch
OBEL
Waldo Preamp
Two coil splitting switches (one for each pickup)

Once again thanks!
unnbrokenchain
Mickey
Mickey

Re: Paging WALDO, Wiring Schematic Help

Postby waldo041 » Wed May 04, 2011 8:56 pm

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby unnbrokenchain » Thu May 05, 2011 4:45 am

Wow thanks so much. I will give it another try tomorrow. I already see the problem. Thanks Waldo
unnbrokenchain
Mickey
Mickey

Postby Adam Deckard » Thu May 05, 2011 9:34 am

Are you all in different time zones or was that a turn around of less than two hours for a custom wiring schematic? That's really cool man.
Adam Deckard
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby hawk900 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Actualy the middle humbucker is flipped so the north start and south start are joined together(green&red) and connected to switch unlike the one right beside it which standard coil split north&south finished(black&white). This is done so the magnetic polarity is in order "in phase" and two pickups can be used at the same time in single coil mode(cleanest dp104setting)with same cleanliness and zero hum more harmonic power eg 5way selector neck on middle on both split acting as two single coils great for lead boost or bridge on middle on aka used with mutron3 envelope position.
hawk900
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby waldo041 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:14 pm

hawk900 wrote:Actualy the middle humbucker is flipped so the north start and south start are joined together(green&red) and connected to switch unlike the one right beside it which standard coil split north&south finished(black&white). This is done so the magnetic polarity is in order "in phase" and two pickups can be used at the same time in single coil mode(cleanest dp104setting)with same cleanliness and zero hum more harmonic power eg 5way selector neck on middle on both split acting as two single coils great for lead boost or bridge on middle on aka used with mutron3 envelope position.

hey hawk, the wires are switched up so that the magnetic polarity is in order? wouldn't the actual physical flip of the humbucker be for the magnetic polarity, and if so what does the rewiring of the "start"s have to do with the humcancelling effect?

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby hawk900 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:24 pm

It's my bad on this part because this isn't an open pickup cavity. It's a standard gibson with wood seperating the two buckers magnets. My theory is from off of your site as per Gary Brawer is when there is an open cavity and 3 buckers stacked and coil split with the ability to use the middle in conjunction with the neck or bridge while being split and in phase(no hum). Youre reversing the magnet polarity by flipping it so there are not out phase and wiring it reverse because it's flipped and the coil of choice when split is active. aka the south coils are the active ones on all 3. Just like the rosebud:

Sorry about that.
hawk.
hawk900
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Return to Guitar Building and Mods