Hey all

Hey all

Postby ronnielongball » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:51 am

So I'm new to the board, been using the tabs for probably 10 years, I took this out of a fernandes strat with sustainer active p/u. The sustainer board was shot, and now it is getting a paint job and all new electronics. SO i was wondering what this pot was. I have a SG copycat from the 70's not sure on the make but It's a heavy rig. I was looking into turning that into a tiger styled set up. It is a push/pull tone pot, Can it be used for the Allen Bradley 500k/250k Linear? I would assume not. There are some numbers on the top part of the pot. From What I can make out it says J015A50SKQ . I don't really know much about switched pots, or even if that's what I need.

Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Hey all

Postby 1dallek1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:57 pm

no it is not a dual value pot, it is a simple switched pot, like having a DPDT switch and a pot. the value of the pot should be marked somewhere if you are redoing the instrument it pays to get new hardware, at least that's what i would do
Bourns makes push-pull and in 25k too. its not Model 95 or 82, but its worth looking at
Last edited by 1dallek1 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Hey all

Postby WildEye » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Neil's right. Hardware is dirt cheap (relatively speaking). Get it new and get the good stuff. But the push/pull pots are very useful, especially if you want to try and keep your guitar from looking like big brown. I have them on my SG as coil splits. I have one on my strat that turns on the neck p/u (giving me leo's missing two). And they can be easier to hit on the fly (push) than switches.
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Carmel, CA

Return to Guitar Building and Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest