New (to me) 2 x 12 cab

New (to me) 2 x 12 cab

Postby rugger » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:54 am

Hey All,

Picked this up on the Bay Area Craig's List a little while back on a tip from a fellow RUKinder. My brother, who made the transaction, finally drove the thing down. Now that I see what I actually have, I have a couple of questions maybe some of you could help me out with. The speaker jacks look like a home stereo hookup, but I don't know. What exactly are these connections? Would you keep these or put in a 1/4" speaker jack (my inclination)? Also, it's closed back and 19" deep. Would you port the cabinet?

ImageImage

I realize that I should hook the darn thing up and see how it sounds as it is, and I will, but it might be a couple/few weeks before I get around to that and I was looking for some opinions.

BTW, I got it for $250. It's loaded with JBL M22's (they're E120's that were made for Peavey). They look really nice cosmetically. My brother did play through them at the time of purchase and said they sounded good, but who knows. The cabinet, while dinged up a bit, is really solid. Looks to be 3/4" All in all, I'd say a pretty good deal.

John in San Diego
rugger
Rosemary
Rosemary

Re: New (to me) 2 x 12 cab

Postby tcsned » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:36 pm

John - looks like banana clip (at least that's what I've always called them). You could use an adapter like this, or make or find a cable with 1/4" on one end.

tcsned

Re: New (to me) 2 x 12 cab

Postby KCJones » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Yea thats a banana plug. It's actually a better connection than a 1/4in. I wouldn't use the adapter unless I had to, but rather get a 1/4 to banana to minimize connections.
KCJones
Billy
Billy

Location: Kansas City, MO via Buffalo NY, San Diego CA, San Jose CA and Wash DC

Return to Cabinets