2 X 12 jerry style cabinet ***partial spam***

Re: 2 X 12 jerry style cabinet ***partial spam***

Postby jonarobb » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:13 pm

Pete B. wrote:Please let me know if those clips become available (I guess I'd need eight).

Hey, what do you guys think is a fair price (each) for JBL E120's, new, still in box?

Since new JBL drivers that are currently manufactured such as the 2206H, etc., sell for $250.00-$300.00, a NOS E120-8 should be worth about $400-$500. Places like Jammin' Jersey, and DBM Audio infrequently come across NOS JBL MI speakers. DBM had new E140's that they bought at auction. They offered them for $575.00/ea. They sold immediately. Are these fair prices? Depends on who you are I guess and what kind of cash flow you got. I buy and sell alot of speakers, and try to keep my prices reflective of what I paid for em' and my customers cash flow. All my JBL's sell for $175.00-$250.00 depending on if they're original cone or reconed.

If some NOS K120's or 2130's came along I would pay significantly for em'.
jonarobb

Postby paulinnc » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:52 am

That cab is going too look awesome with my tweed deluxe head. I was looking at Bag End speakers they have similar speaker clips. At least close enough for me. Either way I'm psyched to get one of these.
paulinnc

Postby hogan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:17 pm

Shots of a finished loaded cab.

Sounds good.

~MJH
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby jdsmodulus » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:27 pm

Looks great best pics so far. is that one for sale if so how much thanks JD :cool:
jdsmodulus

Postby hogan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:47 am

Thanks.
This one and the one under it are spoken for.
I'm making some more this week.

~MJH
PM me for a cab
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby Emoto » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:02 am

Very nice looking cabinet, Hogan!

Did your customer specify a closed back, or will they all be like that?
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Postby hogan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:12 am

Thanks.
That really isn't a closed back cab. Closed back is exactly that, closed. Entirely. I prefer this style as it allows a place for a jack and keeps foreign objects out of the back of the cab.
~MJH
PM me for a cab
Happy customers (~);-} :
hogan

Postby Emoto » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:16 am

hogan wrote:Thanks.
That really isn't a closed back cab. Closed back is exactly that, closed. Entirely. I prefer this style as it allows a place for a jack and keeps foreign objects out of the back of the cab.
~MJH

Perhaps my understanding of what a closed back is is incorrect. I see this:

...and it looks as though a wooden panel "closes" the back, as opposed to a back where there is no rear panel, or there is a rear panel that has a large gap in it to allow sound waves to escape from the rear. Am I confused?
Emoto

Postby hogan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:56 am

Yeah, that's the front of the cab w a protective panel over it. Underneath the panel are the speakers. The panel is held in place w/ magnets and is removed during use. The small hole is for your finger to pop the cover off.

This is what these cabs look like from the back

~MJH
Last edited by hogan on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
PM me for a cab
Happy customers (~);-} :
hogan

Postby Emoto » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:05 am

Ah!!! Cool.
Emoto

Postby Pete B. » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:24 pm

So I'm wondering if cabs like this should have some kind of "case" for transport?
I recently picked up a similar looking 2x12 cab, nicely finished natural woodgrain, no speaker grills (currently using a sheet of closed-cell foam cut to fit the baffle recess to cover speaks when not in use).
Mine doesn't even have handles.
These cabs seem like they are one oops-ee away from permanent scarring during transport.
fwiw, I was thinking for starters, I would see if there was a shipping box over at Mailbox Ect that would fit my cab.
Maybe a soft sided case like a drum case or something?
Pete B.

Postby playingdead » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:01 am

I have a fitted AVS road case for my HT 2X12 ... it wasn't cheap but it was SO worth it. Excellent casters that will roll over anything (grass, snow, etc.), good padding, padded handles, I sit the cab in the bottom of the case when we play so it rolls on stage easily and put my racks on the other half. When I was using the Twin head, the Twin fit neatly in the other side of the case. The whole thing could be wired and rolled right out onstage.

BTW, if anybody is thinking of converting a Twin into a head to use with one of these cabinets, I have a custom-made head case for a Twin, it's cocoa tolex with tweed grillcloth, heavy duty handle, mint condition, and a road case for that as well, $350 plus shipping. That's it in the photo, bad lighting though.

I also bought a dog ramp for rolling it all up into my wagon ... another great purchase. LOL

If you are going to be seriously gigging with it, I think the road case is worth it. That cabinet is damn heavy with a pair of JBL E-120s in it. When I built my own cab, the first thing I tried was casters on the bottom of the cab, big mistake, it's unbelievably front heavy with the JBLs. Went face down immediately, ruined an E-120. :?

If you're only taking it out once in a while, try Tuki for a soft padded case, they'll custom make one for about $80 I think.
playingdead

Postby Emoto » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:00 am

Something I've been wondering is why nobody ever seems to put protective grills of some kind over the speakers. You know, the metal wire kind that is raised maybe an inch or so. Can't imagine they'd affect the sound.
Emoto

Postby hogan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:28 am

Emoto wrote:Something I've been wondering is why nobody ever seems to put protective grills of some kind over the speakers. You know, the metal wire kind that is raised maybe an inch or so. Can't imagine they'd affect the sound.

Because Jerry didn't do it is the easy answer.
Christ I can't give these things away w/ a different kind of speaker clip. Could you imagine if I put 12" grills on them, Oh the horror! Don't you know you lose all your Dead cred if you show up to a gig w speaker covers?

Pete b.
Why not make a plywood cover? You would be all set.

As for protecting these cabs beit one of mine, a HT or whatever the good ones were built to take a beating. Go out there and get a scratch or ding on them, they can take it. Look no farther than Jerry's stuff, it got pretty used over the years. Im certainly not advocating abuse.
~MJH
PM me for a cab
Happy customers (~);-} :
hogan

Postby paulinnc » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am

Looks good to me. I'll take one.

hogan wrote:Shots of a finished loaded cab.

Sounds good.

~MJH
paulinnc

PreviousNext

Return to Cabinets