DNA 2x12

DNA 2x12

Postby lindyhop » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:40 am

Just got my 2x12 a couple of days ago. Looks awesome. I love the dark finish. It kind of sets it apart from what is available elsewhere. I put my k-120's from my Twin into it. Now I just use the Twin as a head. Sounds great. One problem though. One of my K's has a dent in the dust cap, and now it stares its ugly dented head at me whenever I look at it. Oh well. I love it anyway.
lindyhop
welcome
welcome

Re: DNA 2x12

Postby waldo041 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:48 am

Depending on the dent, you may be able to pull it out with some duct tape. Place a piece in the dent and gently pull the tape out and off of the dent. Be gentle!

~waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby Jon S. » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Tape is worth trying but I'd advise starting with masking tape. The adhesive on duct tape is quite strong as duct tape is often intended to be permanent. Masking tape's adhesive is weaker and intended to be temporary and removable. Try making tape first. If it works, great. If not, you can "graduate" to duct tape but be damn careful.

"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby NSP » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:54 am

I fixed a dent recently and started with masking tape, but it wouldn't pull it out. I did have to graduate to duct tape, but try to limit the contact area as much as possible to only a small portion of the dented area.

I've now also graduated to the waffle style grills to protect my speakers!
NSP
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby lindyhop » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Thanks for the tips. I'll chug a few beers and give it a try.
lindyhop
welcome
welcome

Postby lindyhop » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:47 pm

I tried the duct tape trick, and it worked pretty well. I didn't want to press too hard and make the situation worse, but it is less noticeable now. Thanks. I know it's mainly cosmetic, but it seems to sound better. I can't speak highly enough about this new DNA cabinet. Doug does real nice work. Very well constructed. Highly recommended.
lindyhop
welcome
welcome

Postby douglasa » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Thanks for the kind words Lindy. I have alot of fun making cabs. I hope it brings you many years of musical fun. I'm glad you took some of these guys advice and made a dent in your dent problem. Thanks again. Doug.
douglasa
tiger
tiger

Return to Cabinets