A 70s tiedyed Phil Showman for sale with mods

A 70s tiedyed Phil Showman for sale with mods

Postby zambiland » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:53 pm

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20158/lot/3059/

I'm not sure what the mods are. The description gets a lot of things wrong, it wasn't used in the Wall of Sound and it's not a Bassman.

Wish I had the cash for this or at least knew what was going on inside. The second channel is marked "send" and "return" while the first one has a label that says "instrument". It also has an extra pot. Master volume? Send volume? I wonder when the mods were done.
zambiland

Re: A 70s tiedyed Phil Showman for sale with mods

Postby tigerstrat » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:22 pm

They are selling it short- this would be pre-Wall Of Sound, which is actually even cooler. By WOS-time and for a few years after, Phil used F2B preamps. This Showman probably was onstage the Sky River Fest in '68!!!
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby zambiland » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:39 pm

tigerstrat wrote:They are selling it short- this would be pre-Wall Of Sound, which is actually even cooler. By WOS-time and for a few years after, Phil used F2B preamps. This Showman probably was onstage the Sky River Fest in '68!!!

Shh! Don't bump up the price!
zambiland

Postby Mosfed » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:34 pm

That is pretty damn sick.
--
"And I'm here by the road, tied to the load, that I picked up in ten thousand cafes and bars" - Barlow
Mosfed
Terrapin
Terrapin

Return to Phil Sound