Bass tab archive found

Bass tab archive found

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:52 pm

I stumbled across this while looking for a chord chart, the most GD bass tabs I've ever seen in one place. I do not vouch for their accuracy or usefulness or the safety of the site. Just thought I'd pass it along for the tab-seekers as it was not easy to find.

http://www.tabs-database.com/grateful-dead-bass.html
Rusty the Scoob

Re: Bass tab archive found

Postby strumminsix » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Is that Dark Star correct? Doesn't Phil accent an E for the second half of the verses?
strumminsix

Postby zambiland » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:25 pm

They don't seem very accurate at all. Some of them aren't even the bass lines, but guitar lines. However, doing a comprehensive transcription of Phil's parts would not be trivial. I don't really find them worth writing out as they change so much from version to version. I think there is a transcription of Scarlet in Bass Player magazine, but I've never played through it.
zambiland

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:33 pm

You guys have already looked closer than I did... I just clicked on Truckin and it doesn't look particularly correct but at least it's in the right key.

Ok, I checked out a few others. Some stuff is down an octave from where it should be, some is half-assed or wrong... but if somebody absolutely insists on tab I guess it might get them started.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby ugly rumor » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 pm

I think Phil's problem is he never had access to his tabs. Maybe we could get him this site??
Gone are the days we stopped to decide where we should go, we just ride...
ugly rumor
Bobby
Bobby

Return to Phil Sound