Worry about me no ... nah nah NO ha ha HAIIII!

Re: Worry about me no ... nah nah NO ha ha HAIIII!

Postby playingdead » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Jeez, I wish I could play like those guys :shock:

Yes, I have it modeled in the AxeFX exactly like it works with real pedals and a real amp ... the TRS cable sends the full output of the pickups into the AxeFX where it hits the effects blocks, arranged in the same order as they would be with analog devices. That sound travels back out of the AxeFX into the guitar, where it hits the volume pot, then back into the AxeFX where it goes to the amp, speaker and reverb blocks, then to the board and my monitors. Switching the loop on or off on the guitar inserts or removes the effects blocks from the AxeFX setup. The guitar master volume only interacts with the amp, speaker and reverb blocks.

This works because the AxeFX has two independent sets of inputs and outputs that are switchable in the chain by inserting an effects send/return block into the preset. I could move, say, the regular wah wah effect block after the volume control, or put an overdrive there so it could be volume dependent, much as you can place effects between the master guitar output and a real amplifier in an analog setting.
playingdead

Postby JDB30 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:40 pm

playingdead wrote:Jeez, I wish I could play like those guys :shock:

Yes, I have it modeled in the AxeFX exactly like it works with real pedals and a real amp ... the TRS cable sends the full output of the pickups into the AxeFX where it hits the effects blocks, arranged in the same order as they would be with analog devices. That sound travels back out of the AxeFX into the guitar, where it hits the volume pot, then back into the AxeFX where it goes to the amp, speaker and reverb blocks, then to the board and my monitors. Switching the loop on or off on the guitar inserts or removes the effects blocks from the AxeFX setup. The guitar master volume only interacts with the amp, speaker and reverb blocks.

This works because the AxeFX has two independent sets of inputs and outputs that are switchable in the chain by inserting an effects send/return block into the preset. I could move, say, the regular wah wah effect block after the volume control, or put an overdrive there so it could be volume dependent, much as you can place effects between the master guitar output and a real amplifier in an analog setting.

You do. And you're not bad, for a lefty. :lol:

Would love to hear how you sound playing other stuff, too. Got any links? I seriously enjoy your musicianship. It's really excellent and I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say that.

Re: the Fractal....do you run it into a separate Power Amp and speaker for stage monitoring or is the sound mixed in with your monitors?
JDB30
Keith
Keith

Postby playingdead » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:39 pm

JDB30 wrote:Would love to hear how you sound playing other stuff, too. Got any links? I seriously enjoy your musicianship. It's really excellent and I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say that. Re: the Fractal....do you run it into a separate Power Amp and speaker for stage monitoring or is the sound mixed in with your monitors?

Actually, will be going into the studio in late July to make
a record of original music ... which I will eventually foist upon everybody :shock:

I have been running one output of the Fractal to FOH and the other to a pair of QSC K12 powered monitors onstage, but I just got an Atomic CLR Neo powered coaxial speaker which I will be trotting out for the first time on 6-20 in Pawtucket RI ... will report back. I just about wore my K12s out since I started with this rig in 2008 or so, two out of three have failed on me. Time for a change.
playingdead

Previous

Return to Bobby Tone