Furman RV-1

Furman RV-1

Postby Deadhead85 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:57 am

I was wondering if anyone here as any experience or input on the Furman RV-1 analog spring reverb unit that Bobby used in the early 80s? Ive started to look into them, they get great reviews. I can't find any demo videos on youtube though. Its something I may consider getting sometime down the road. Any input would be great!
Deadhead85
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Re: Furman RV-1

Postby tatittle » Wed May 21, 2014 9:02 am

Havent tried it, but I have an old Fostex spring reverb rack unit that sounds pretty good, noisy by todays standards of course. I only use it at home because its not mounted. They can be had for cheap--I wouldn't spend too much money on an older unit, although I am curious how the expensive modern versions compare (Demeter etc.).
tatittle
One More Saturday Night
One More Saturday Night

Location: NJ via Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Postby zambiland » Wed May 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Deadhead85 wrote:I was wondering if anyone here as any experience or input on the Furman RV-1 analog spring reverb unit that Bobby used in the early 80s? Ive started to look into them, they get great reviews. I can't find any demo videos on youtube though. Its something I may consider getting sometime down the road. Any input would be great!

I had one for a while in the 80s. It didn't do much for me. Current digital reverbs are a lot more versatile and sound better to my ears. If you go with the computer route, PSP Audioware makes a great spring reverb emulation plugin that is quite reasonable.

YMMV.
zambiland

Postby mkaufman » Thu May 22, 2014 5:19 am

FWIW, the RV-1 also has a limiter. I don't think Weir used much reverb. Maybe he used it more for limiting?

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Return to Bobby Tone