The Casio PG-380

The Casio PG-380

Postby shadowboxer » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:05 am

I recently got the All the Years Combined boxed set of concert DVD's and noticed that Bob was using the Casio in most all of the late 80's/ early 90's shows. When did he stop using it? Has he ever taken it out with Futhur? With Bob's being so modified with the Modulus neck and the closely aligned EMG's, is it kind of pointless to even consider pursuing one of these on ebay? Other concern is that so many appear to have non-functioning synth processors.
shadowboxer
Donna
Donna

Re: The Casio PG-380

Postby mkaufman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:38 am

They can be found. The issue is that that caps on the midi board typically need replacing and they are tiny.

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Postby shadowboxer » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:45 pm

They are available. I just don't know if it's worth even thinking about it. Looks like others have played it professionally. JJ Cale played one, and it looked like it had the standard pickups. But his sound really wasn't all that great with it judging from the Crossroads video that I've seen. Plus I've seen some old vids of the Zen Tricksters from 1992 and it looks like the guy in Bob's role was playing one too, unmodified from what I could tell.
shadowboxer
Donna
Donna

Postby Deadhead85 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:54 am

I picked up one of these on Ebay just over a year ago. I absolutely love this guitar, and it sounds great! I can't comment on the stock pups, as mine came with upgraded EMG's. I rarely play with the MIDI, its fun but eats batteries very fast, unless you have the adaptor plugged in. The MIDI obviously doesn't match up to todays MIDI system like Rolands etc. Mine had to be re-capped, I had a local guitar shop do it, and they only charged me $100. Ive seen quotes for much more on the internet. The caps are very small, and chances are, the one you buy will have to have this done to it, as they lose their "charge" over the years of not being used. Ive seen a few on Ebay that have already been redone though as well. Anyway, all in all, its a great guitar IMO, great for the Bobby player!
Deadhead85
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Return to Bobby Tone