Bob at TRI

Bob at TRI

Postby Sparechaynge » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:03 pm

As a part of the Audio Engineering Society conference, I took a tour of TRI studios and got to meet Mr. Weir and his studio heads. Bob couldn't have been nicer and gave an excellent tour of the facility.

I had the opportunity to talk to him a little, and when I asked him about his sound in Furthur (treble/too low in the mix) he asked when I last saw the band, and then explained with a chuckle that his sound would be improving significantly in the coming months. Glad to hear it!
TRI is an unbelievable studio, and his demo of the Meyer system was great. He let the group play with it for a while.

Thanks Bobby!
Is this a 70's bass or a 00's PC...or a Moon Lander? (It's a moon lander) - Tigerstrat
Sparechaynge
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: Bob at TRI

Postby zambiland » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Man, I gotta make it out to one of those one of these years.
zambiland

Postby Sparechaynge » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:37 am

I can highly recommend it. I was told later that Bob hosted a gathering the night before for some AES folks, and played a short set in the main studio. What a world out there, huh?
Is this a 70's bass or a 00's PC...or a Moon Lander? (It's a moon lander) - Tigerstrat
Sparechaynge
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby brbadg » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Funny,I thought we were hearing Bob better than ever.Maybe I just had good seats.I don't have a problem with his sound these days.
brbadg
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby Smolder » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Sparechaynge wrote:...and then explained with a chuckle that his sound would be improving significantly in the coming months...

man, if that's not a teaser... would love to go back in time and hear that guy better... can't wait to know what he's got up his sleeve.
Smolder

Postby Sparechaynge » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:22 am

Bob said that part of the issue with his sound stemmed from his use of in-ear monitors to control his rig, rather than the stage volume itself. He said that he will no longer use monitors of any kind for the instruments, and set his tone according to how it sounds with the rest of the band, not how it sounds semi-isolated in headphones. I like his sound too, it's just that it's a little quite and thin-sounding. I can't wait for the spring tour!
Sparechaynge
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Return to Bobby Tone