Turning the Strat into a Jerry guitar (finally)

Turning the Strat into a Jerry guitar (finally)

Postby Counterstriker » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:32 pm

Okay so now that my carvin should be here in 2 weeks, I can finally change the strat into a jerrycaster (or sorta). I decided I'm gonna keep the stock pick ups in neck and bridge position and only swap out the middle for the super 2 to save on some cash aswell. I've had waldos buffer sitting in my guitar case for about 2 years now waiting to be used, I ordered the super 2 already.

but what else should I be buying? and what website should I be using, I'll probably be doing the wiring myself or get my sister to help (electrical engineer)

So this is what I want to do with it.

-Middle pickup humbucker - rest single coil
-master toner
-Master volume
-coil tap for the humbucker
-5 way switch
-Obel

When doing projects like this I always tend to miss buying something so could someone tell me what to buy to do this project?

I just looked under the strat and it looks like I'll have to route some more room, but that's no problem..

Thanks for the help!
Counterstriker

Re: Turning the Strat into a Jerry guitar (finally)

Postby tigerstrat » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:51 pm

add two 1/4" TRS jacks, one for the loop jack, one to replace your current output jack
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Re: Turning the Strat into a Jerry guitar (finally)

Postby Counterstriker » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:37 am

awsome thanks, I am putting one of the jacks where the tone pot used to be so i don't have to route anything.

As far as Pots go what kinds should I head for? and capacitors?
Counterstriker

Return to Jerry Tone