Waldo's Maestro amp video

Waldo's Maestro amp video

Postby cripeowner » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:03 pm

This is a 68 Twin silver face, but it's an early April so Fender was using blackface specs and the silver face trims while they used up old stock before moving to the new circuit. I sent it out to Mike and the experience was simple & easy. The results speak for themselves for me anyhow. This gig Melvin Seals played with us which was a treat for sure. I'm using the head and the 6L6 power section mic'd up with an SM57, 2- E120s a Scarlet fire Rosebud guitar. Pedal board is a 1980 MXR Dist + Boss OD3 SMS earth drive which I use in junction with either the MXR or OD I feel is cleans up/opens up the drives and adds a better tonal quality to those. A Seymour Duncan, vapor trail delay, Keely phaser & MUIII. That's it 4 items ( when not hauling PA gear). I'm very happy with the power section. I love the sound of the MACS but I love the response of tubes more. To get a handle on the Mac you have to spend a lot time with it and I have far more hours playing on tubes. I have a Mac 250 & 2300 which I hope to play more. Mike certainly knows what he is doing.
cripeowner
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Re: Waldo's Maestro amp video

Postby mgbills » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Tasty. Great band & great playing.
I checked out the hour+ video on your Youtube channel. The female singer you have really belts it out! Rocks.

I'd go to see you, but I haven't been in NH since ....wait I wasn't at Dartmouth in '78. Must've been a road trip with my parents in '76. Yikes.
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby mgbills » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:08 pm

The tone was fantastic as well...but I have a Maestro & expected nothing less.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby hippieguy1954 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:23 am

mgbills wrote:Tasty. Great band & great playing.
I checked out the hour+ video on your Youtube channel. The female singer you have really belts it out! Rocks.

+1 You folks sound great!

mgbills wrote:The tone was fantastic as well...but I have a Maestro & expected nothing less.
:smile: :smile: :smile:

+1 I love my Maestro Reverb amp. 8)
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Return to Jerry Tone