Mu-FX Boostron 3 Effects Loop Question

Mu-FX Boostron 3 Effects Loop Question

Postby Tommy Moonii » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:21 pm

So I recently got the Boostron 3. Aside from the fact that it's such a versatile pedal, I'm still not sure how to use the FX Loop. Does it act the same as an OBEL? I tried putting my Tru-Tron through it but I didn't notice much of a difference in the sound. I thought that I would be able to roll off the volume on my guitar and still get the same sensitivity to the Tru-Tron but that's not the case. Would it help if I put my script Phase 90 before it in the FX Loop to have a buffer? Also, are there recommended settings for the Blaster side?
Tommy Moonii
Vince
Vince

Re: Mu-FX Boostron 3 Effects Loop Question

Postby waldo041 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:29 pm

Just curious, have you posed this question to Mu-Fx? I am interested in their response if you did. :cool:

~waldo
Disclaimer: I only make, modify or build things for those that seek what i may be able to provide.
waldo041

Postby Tommy Moonii » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:46 pm

No actually I haven't. Didn't think of that haha. Just wanted to see if anyone else on the forum had the same issue but I'll send them an email anyway and see what they say.
Tommy Moonii
Vince
Vince

Postby Tommy Moonii » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:51 am

Mike answered me last night. It's not like an OBEL, more like an EQ. This is what he wrote:

"The FX loop on Boostron feeds the output of the BLASTER to the input of the first effect in the external loop.

The Blaster provides high INPUT impedance for the guitar pickups (assuming it is the first effect the guitar output sees), some treble EQ, variable gain and low OUTPUT impedance to the effect loop. But the gain doesn't change when you change the volume control on the guitar. So the output level to the effect loop DOES change as you change the volume control on the guitar.

The RETURN of the FX loop goes into the SQUEEZER through the JUICE control (signal level into the squeezer). or bypassed to the SLACKER input.
In that way it isn't necessarily the same as an on-board effect loop. I assume that the OBEL (as you describe what you want to get) goes from the pickup of the guitar to the effects and then from the effect back into the guitar BEFORE(??) the guitar's volume control.

A consideration is whether the OBEL on (whatever) guitar is actually returned before the guitar's volume control.... possibly for some guitars it is and for others it isn't."
Tommy Moonii
Vince
Vince

Return to Jerry Tone