Sarno Earth Drive

Sarno Earth Drive

Postby Atk1 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:02 pm

I just wanted to say to those that don't already know.. The Sarno Earth Drive is the most fantastic overdrive pedal out there.

I've been to the moon and back with overdrives and this is hands down the BEST, most transparent, sweetest sounding overdrive available.

If you don't have one.. get one
Atk1
tiger
tiger

Re: Sarno Earth Drive

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:40 pm

I love my Earth Drive! Here is just one of many results using the search function:

viewtopic.php?f=419&t=12919&hilit=ALL+THINGS+EARTH+DRIVE
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby Seriesnuns » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:04 pm

I've been finding myself with more and more of Brads gear. Earth drive, black box, JG Preamp....likely the solar flare once some audio is out on it.
Ain't no preacher, just happy to meet ya
Seriesnuns
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby Ebearius » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:02 pm

After hearing do much talk about them, I ordered one last night. Once my order was finalized, I was disappointed to see an estimated 4 week delivery date. Good thing I'm not lacking for gear to play with while I wait.
Ebearius
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby RiseandFall » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:09 am

I couldn't agree more.
I was musing the other day about if I could only have one or two pedals, which would I keep.
I realized that I could easily lose 6 of my pedals and only keep the Earth Drive and the Mutron and really be just fine.
I have a Solar Flare on order and have absolute faith that it will be the be all/end all, heavy distortion pedal. Brad makes REALLY good gear.
RiseandFall
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby Atk1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:29 am

Ebearius wrote:After hearing do much talk about them, I ordered one last night. Once my order was finalized, I was disappointed to see an estimated 4 week delivery date. Good thing I'm not lacking for gear to play with while I wait.

The wait is worth it. The quality is also really great.
Atk1
tiger
tiger

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:50 am

I've got one, it's usually the only strong "color" pedal I use anymore. I keep it on all the time at a low setting -- it's incredibly responsive and musical.
wolftigerrosebud
Phil
Phil

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:23 am

Should it go before the loop in the loop or after the loop ?

Looking to juice up my clean sound
Tennessee Jedi

Postby Gr8fulCadi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:31 am

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Should it go before the loop in the loop or after the loop ?

If you're gonna use it as an 'always on' effect then it's probably best after the loop right before the preamp. But see how it plays with your envelope filter and other effects (b4 vs after). I usually jus keep my Earthdrive on top of my SMS/roadcase 'after the loop' and use a short patch cable into the SMS, as an always on effect.
Gr8fulCadi
tiger
tiger

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Gr8fulCadi wrote:
Tennessee Jedi wrote:Should it go before the loop in the loop or after the loop ?

If you're gonna use it as an 'always on' effect then it's probably best after the loop right before the preamp. But see how it plays with your envelope filter and other effects (b4 vs after). I usually jus keep my Earthdrive on top of my SMS/roadcase 'after the loop' and use a short patch cable into the SMS, as an always on effect.

Thanks
the EF filter is always a concern
I like a clean signal hitting it

I play pedal free a lot and my SMS / JBL / Neck Thru guitar combo is very bright almost brittle
Looking for a bit of sustain and grit but clean
Tennessee Jedi

Postby ccw3432 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:22 pm

I've used mine both in the loop and out. I settled keeping it in the effects loop so I can dial it right where I want it and have it consistent when I use the volume knob. I find I don't use the volume knob for the purpose of adding OD...things just get too loud (or so I'm told).
ccw3432
Phil
Phil

Postby Ebearius » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:58 pm

I just received my Earth Drive today. I'm a believer. It sounds fantastic.

Split Super 2 in middle position>Earth Drive(drive at around 11:00)>Volume pedal>Twin Reverb with JBL's = a home-friendly Jerry tone.

Very inspiring.
Ebearius
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Return to Jerry Tone