Wolf is back on the market

Wolf is back on the market

Postby Arafel » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:02 pm

Wolf will be auctioned off to benefit the Southern Poverty Law Center. Anybody got a spare million lying around?

https://www.jambase.com/article/iconic- ... ff-charity
Arafel
Rosebud
Rosebud

Re: Wolf is back on the market

Postby TI4-1009 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Bravo Dan Pritzker! Hope Wolfie has as good a new home as he's had for the last 15 years.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:24 am

TI4-1009 wrote:Bravo Dan Pritzker! Hope Wolfie has as good a new home as he's had for the last 15 years.

Is that the owner's name? He's kept it pretty quiet. And agree, he's been super generous with Wolf and this just takes the cake. Amazing!
Rusty the Scoob

Postby waldo041 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:35 am

I hope the GD buy it back.

~waldo
Disclaimer: I make and sell Buffers. I also sometimes Modify, Build and sell preamps and amplifiers. My opinions are not intended to be sales pitches. I am a one man shop and prefer to spend time with my wife and family, i work full time on call and love to spend my spare time doing other things. I only make, modify or build things for those that seek them.
waldo041

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:48 am

waldo041 wrote:I hope the GD buy it back.

~waldo

+1 Me too.
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby RiseandFall » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:25 am

My guess is the same guy that owns Tiger will own Wolf.
Irsay won't pass it up. God knows he has the money.
RiseandFall
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby Arafel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:14 pm

RiseandFall wrote:My guess is the same guy that owns Tiger will own Wolf.
Irsay won't pass it up. God knows he has the money.

That would kind of suck. I don't like seeing guitars end up like that. hell, I don't even like seeing them in the R&R Hall of Fame. I think guitars should be played.
Arafel
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby ac4468 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Ok I'm just throwing this out there. There must be 1,500 members here. By my math a .08% ownership stake share in Wolf should cost under$1,500 and earn you a day with Wolf every 3 years or so. Unless someone has $1.5m to front this sounds like a perfect kickstarter campaign :wink:
ac4468
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby lightningbolt » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:54 pm

They only Jerry player that has the coin to buy wolf and would play the shit out of it is John Mayer.

Now wouldn't that be cool, keep things in the family and keep Wolf singing our favorite songs.

Or maybe Mayer would think playing wolf would be creepy....
lightningbolt
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby Arafel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:11 pm

lightningbolt wrote:They only Jerry player that has the coin to buy wolf and would play the shit out of it is John Mayer.

Now wouldn't that be cool, keep things in the family and keep Wolf singing our favorite songs.

Or maybe Mayer would think playing wolf would be creepy....

Warren might be able to as well.
Arafel
Rosebud
Rosebud

Postby TI4-1009 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:04 pm

ac4468 wrote:Ok I'm just throwing this out there. There must be 1,500 members here. By my math a .08% ownership stake share in Wolf should cost under$1,500 and earn you a day with Wolf every 3 years or so. Unless someone has $1.5m to front this sounds like a perfect kickstarter campaign :wink:

Can I restring it lefty for my day?
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby nopunin10dead » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:34 pm

lightningbolt wrote:...Or maybe [John] Mayer would think playing wolf would be creepy....

Maybe not---he said in that PRS amp demo video from NAMM that, when playing with Dead & Co.: "I'm just thinking about Jerry....I factor him into me or me into him or something....'Is this all right Jerry? Is this cool? Is this what you would do? Are we somewhere in the zone?'"
nopunin10dead
bruce
bruce

Postby GeneralGoldilocks » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Weir should buy it. I heard he has a ridiculous amount of money and is making it hand over fist these days. Bring it back to the GD family.
like waves against the bandstand dancers broke
GeneralGoldilocks
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby tatittle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Yeah I dont see that happening (GD buyback), but I dont know them personally. Isnt this the guitar they scammed out of Irwin to sell after Garcia died and left them to him? Not a fan of that manuever either, at least from my vantage; typically strong arm tactics under the often abused and arrogant anthem of working for "the greater good" or "true spirit" of something (and against the explicit wording etc). Lastly, I grew up in a family that supported the SPLC financially for decades, but imo they arent what they used to be, their tactics have sometimes changed to resemble the method this guitar (or whichever it was) was acquired by in the first place. I am one who thinks HOW something is done can be even more important in the long run than what was done.
Last edited by tatittle on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tatittle

Location: Johns Island, SC via NJ; Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Postby shadowboxer » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:24 pm

I like the idea of Bob, Phil, Bill or Mickey buying it for their own. I really like the idea of the Garcia family trust buying it. I would not be crazy about it ending up in the R+R H of Fame. But in the end, it's an auction, and it will sell for the highest price to someone who likely views it as a good investment for themselves.
shadowboxer
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Next

Return to Jerry Tone