How much for a used Scarlet Fire Wolf?

Re: How much for a used Scarlet Fire Wolf?

Postby Jon S. » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:45 pm

[Oops - double post.]
Last edited by Jon S. on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/ `--'(
< [] []////////|::: )
\_.--.(
Jon S.

Postby Jon S. » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:45 pm

Thanks, everyone, for your input.

I'm thinking, if it's OK by the OP, we can let this one sink down off the page now. The guitar's not going anywhere until after I retire this summer anyway (when I plan to implement a general voluntary simplicity/have less stuff approach to my life which will involve divesting of quite a bit more gear and other things than just this one axe).

P.S. to Ben: I'll call you first. :)
/ `--'(
< [] []////////|::: )
\_.--.(
Jon S.

Postby TI4-1009 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Jon S. wrote:The guitar's not going anywhere until after I retire this summer anyway (when I plan to implement a general voluntary simplicity/have less stuff approach to my life which will involve divesting of quite a bit more gear and other things than just this one axe).

Good luck Jon. My experience has been just the opposite- they keep piling up after retirement. :-) :-) :-)
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby flyingheelhook » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:21 am

heh heh, I think I better start saving up! LOL! :lol: :cool:
flyingheelhook
Bear
Bear

Postby softmachine72 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:36 am

The current price for a Wolf is $7500 . I Took the pricing down while I cleared out the backlog of instruments that were sold at lower prices and, in the case of Rosebud And Tiger adjusting to the reclassification and subsequent importation restrictions put on Cocobolo by the Feds . I made the guitar for sale on Reverb for Bob S. of Boris Garcia for around $2000 (a significant discount at the time) because he was a"touring" musician and he made promises, sadly unfulfilled, to feature the guitar on his website and play the guitar with his band. I did use second cuts for the top but, still a solid guitar for my 4th build. Jon's guitar is another story, it is still in the top 2 or 3 best tops I have ever used and as good as any of the guitars I build today. I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone at RUkind for being very supportive of my work for at least 5 years now and not afraid to constructively criticize along the road to " getting it exactly perfect."
softmachine72
Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby tcsned » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:56 am

softmachine72 wrote:The current price for a Wolf is $7500 . I Took the pricing down while I cleared out the backlog of instruments that were sold at lower prices and, in the case of Rosebud And Tiger adjusting to the reclassification and subsequent importation restrictions put on Cocobolo by the Feds . I made the guitar for sale on Reverb for Bob S. of Boris Garcia for around $2000 (a significant discount at the time) because he was a"touring" musician and he made promises, sadly unfulfilled, to feature the guitar on his website and play the guitar with his band. I did use second cuts for the top but, still a solid guitar for my 4th build. Jon's guitar is another story, it is still in the top 2 or 3 best tops I have ever used and as good as any of the guitars I build today. I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone at RUkind for being very supportive of my work for at least 5 years now and not afraid to constructively criticize along the road to " getting it exactly perfect."

. . . and well worth it. I'm glad I got mine before the demand for Leo's artistry rose. This is flat out the best guitar I have ever held in my hands. Mine will stay with me as long as I live.
tcsned

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone