Master, Volume settings....

Master, Volume settings....

Postby franklins_timmy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:57 pm

What are you Blues Jr. users out there setting these at for a low volume Jerry tone? Do you find yourself adjusting the treble, mids, and bass any from the standard Jerry settings when playing at lower levels as well? Thanks
franklins_timmy
bruce
bruce

Re: Master, Volume settings....

Postby bzbz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:26 am

I was hoping others would answer so I can learn a bit too.

If I use the stock (Jensen C!12N) speaker, I have lately started putting the fat switch "on", and keeping the bass at 1, mids at noon, and treble dimed - and it sounds really good! I had been using the fat switch "off" in which case I had the bass at 2, mids at 2 o'clockish, and treble dimed....

I sometimes plug my K-120 into it, which provides great clarity - haven't yet done that with the fat switch "on", but I imagine I would probably push the mids up a bit compared to the Jensen...

what have you been using?
bzbz
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby franklins_timmy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:13 am

Thanks for replying bzbz. Fat switch on, Volume 2 to 3, Master 12, Treb 10, Mids 5.5, Bass off, & Reverb 3. Wanting to get either a Weber Cali or a Tone Tubby Winterland. Leaning toward the Cali becuase it's quite a bit cheaper and can't find many reviews on the Winterland. I know there was a little talk on here about the Purple Haze which is the alnico version of the Winterland. But if I can spend a little less and get similar results... why not.
franklins_timmy
bruce
bruce

Postby bzbz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:19 am

we have about the same settings - I have a lacquered tweed version, had the BillM mods done - and for gigs that are of any size, unplug the Jensen, and plug in my K-120 - I have a bigger and better platform to push the K120 (or use them in a 2x12) - but the little thing is great! Loud, clear, cuts through - and quite portable!
bzbz
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Return to Jerry Tone