9v question

9v question

Postby Darkstar860 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:30 pm

I recently bought a 12ft 9v ext cable, that plugs into my pedal board (powered) and I have an adapter at the other end that plugs into a 9v battery. It fits my guitar but i havnt had the time to try it. But it would allow me to not use a 9v battery and be able to rely on a power source. I only need a 9-12ft cable when I play anyway. Has anyone else tried to do this before ? And if so were there any problems? Just checking before I try it out.

Much love

:-)
"Bound to cover just a lil more ground"
Darkstar860
bruce
bruce

Re: 9v question

Postby williamsaut » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:43 pm

I would think that that would work yes, but for hum cancellation reasons, I always thought it better to run just the battery in the guitar. Batteries are technically better for all the pedals too but I got sick of dealing with that many years ago. Using a battery for the guitar is just one less ground loop to worry about IMO. But yea, that should work just fine running power to your guitar's buffer. What I really wish I could find is a wireless onboard guitar FX loop. Going wireless is the ultimate in hum cancellation but unless the obel is too,..
When the secrets all are told,
And the petals all unfold.
williamsaut
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby Searing75 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:53 pm

I did it with a one spot for years. Worked great. No noise. If you use a one spot, and splice on an 1/8th inch plug, be sure to know that the one spots sleeve is positive, and it's inner white, negative.

Although, I did go to a battery about a year back. Don't remember why exactly? Geesh. Getting old!
All's well that sounds well.
Searing75

Postby Darkstar860 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Wireless OBEL hmmm... thats interesting thought.

:idea:
Darkstar860
bruce
bruce

Postby Darkstar860 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:25 pm

Works perfectly so far. :-) (9v cable etc)
Darkstar860
bruce
bruce

Postby strumminsix » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 am

OR... secure something like this to your strap and be done for years.

My buddy says it pedals his board for something like 10 gigs before a charge. Can you imagine an onboard opamp?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ ... AjOd8P8HAQ
strumminsix

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:23 am

I ran 18V from a wall-wart into a couple of my basses for a while, I installed a separate 1/4" jack for it and built some nice dual-cables with tech-flex sleeving and all that. Eventually, though, I decided changing batteries once in a while is less of a hassle than setting up extra stuff at every gig.
Rusty the Scoob

Return to Jerry Tone