Lift Sentry Monitor???

Lift Sentry Monitor???

Postby Searing75 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:40 am

I have an MC50 that I have recapped, and got into wonderful working order. I now want to try the sentry monitor lift mod, but have no idea how to? I have looked through the forum but cannot find the answer. Waldo? Brad? Again, for the MC50 circuit. Thanks!

Chris
All's well that sounds well.
Searing75
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Re: Lift Sentry Monitor???

Postby Jon S. » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Am I the only one for whom opening pages on this forum has slowed to a snail's pace lately?

The McIntosh Sentry Monitor

Although the autoformer provided an efficient match between the power transistor output and a variety of load impedances, a short circuit at the amplifier output or a load that was much lower than the selected autoformer tap could cause excessive current to flow in the output transistors. To complement the new transistor amplifiers, the McIntosh Sentry Monitor circuit was developed which prevented destructive current levels from occurring under any conditions. This circuit sensed the dynamic operating time, voltage and current of each amplifier output stage and controlled the current flow, confining it to non-destructive limits. The arrangement assured complete circuit reliability for all load conditions. The Sentry Monitor did not limit the rated power output available from the amplifier in any way. McIntosh power amplifiers continue to use the Sentry Monitor circuitry.

Mine is staying right where the McI engineers placed it.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Re: Lift Sentry Monitor???

Postby hippieguy1954 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:25 pm

[quote="Jon S."]Am I the only one for whom opening pages on this forum has slowed to a snail's pace lately?[quote]

No, but it seems better today as it's only intermittent! viewtopic.php?f=346&t=15879
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Return to Jerry Tone