Damn you WALDO!!!! :-) [buffer praise]

Damn you WALDO!!!! :-) [buffer praise]

Postby ricepr » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:23 am

Got a new to me MiraX. Great guitar, nice SG style of rocker. Well first thing I notice at practice is I don't have a buffer in it. Turn down volume and muddddddddddddd. Damn you Waldo! Another order coming soon.

Bufferland. You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave.

My PRS HB spruce needs one too, but I am not sure if it will play well with the joint piezo/mag setup
ricepr
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Re: Damn you WALDO!!!! :-) [buffer praise]

Postby mgbills » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:11 pm

Exactly...every other guitar I play now is "Missing Something."

A couple of weeks back I played a killer special addition PRS. It clearly needed a middle PU...but really needed a TPC-1 before it could be evaluated in any way.

Every time I play with someone new they ask the same question...What pickups do you have in that Strat? Which leads to the statement "You're hearing 1/2 of a Dimarzio Super II, but that's not the Droid you're looking for." And then I put them to sleep with 16 other little details...to which they respond..."Cool!" Then you bring on some distortion or boost or overdrive...and the conversation begins again. Almost nobody (except us whack-jobs) really wants to spend the money, but they sure like the outcome.

It's a curse.
Peace
M
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Re: Damn you WALDO!!!! :-) [buffer praise]

Postby tatittle » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:04 pm

Where's Waldo?
My heart was restless until I found Waldo :-)

I need to get an onboard buffer, blaster, or whatever for my 1st OBEL strat I just wired up, and it is rather obvious who to go to for it. Im not sure which version I would prefer yet...guess Ill start considering that once I get the set-up just exactly perfect. Although I wish I had included it from the beginning...twice as aggravating to go back into the wiring than it is to do it complete from the beginning, at least for me.
tatittle
Jerry
Jerry

Location: NJ via Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Return to Jerry Tone