Re: anyone near SW Ohio have an SMS

Postby ricepr » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:47 am

I don't bite, promise. And you can try my Jerrycasters and TruTron
ricepr
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby joethepainter » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:36 am

There's some really good youtube vids you could check out. Just type sms preamp into the search box. I know it's not the same as a live demo, but at least you can get an idea. That's what I did before getting mine. Plus, there's some very good players, whose opinions I respect, who give it rave reviews...including pro musicians. Having played through it for about 10 hours so far, I think it's an awesome piece of equipment, sounds fantastic. I'm very happy I got it, and I never played through one before I owned one. It's not the only option for Jerry tone, obviously, but for me, it's the best option. Good luck in your tone quest!

Peace, Joe
joethepainter
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby ricepr » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:07 pm

I have seen a mess of videos. Many of them are by pros in a band situation, they sound great. Some folks in their bedroom, mixed bag

But almost all of them feature a very Jerry guitar, MC amp, and JBL's. For money and weight issues, in my case there shall be no MC or JBL's. Also I want to grok tones other than Jerry.

So with my guitars (PRS HB spruce, Jerryesque caster, Mayer strat with DAllen 69's) and my fingers and cab, I'd like to see if it works.

I have the Earth Drive, wish I had two. Brad does amazing work. It is a fine product, I just would like to evaluate it my own self. But I will likely take the plunge, figuring I can flip it to a Deadhead, steel player, or bass player if needbe.
ricepr
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Return to Jerry Tone