Mu-Fx Tru Tron 3X envelope filter

Re: Mu-Fx Tru Tron 3X envelope filter

Postby ccw3432 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:46 am

The latest news on the Tru Tron. Get em while you can.

ATTENTION MU-SICIANS!!!
THE MU-FX ALL-SUMMER SALE IS ALMOST OVER.

WE ARE GETTING NEAR THE END OF OUR PRODUCTION RUN OF TRU-TRON 3X, AND ....ONCE THESE ARE GONE THERE WILL BE NO MORE LIKE THEM AVAILABLE AGAIN.!!!

AFTER SEPTEMBER FIRST OUR REGULAR PRICES WILL BE BACK AND WILL STAY BACK.

AND AS OF SEPTEMBER FIRST, ALL PRODUCTS WILL BE HAND SIGNED-- BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL GOING TO BECOME "INSTANT COLLECTIBLES". WHEN THE LAST ONE IS SOLD.

WE ARE NOT GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

WE WILL SOON BE PUTTING UP SIGN-UP, ADVANCE DEPOSIT AND ADVANCE PRE-PAY LISTS FOR OUR NEXT NEW-RE-INVENTED PRODUCT.
(FIRST COME, FIRST SERIAL NUMBERS BASED ON SIGN-UP, DEPOSIT, AND FULL PRE-PAY.

AND WE MAY IN THE FUTURE MAKE A NEW VERSION OF "TRU-TRON 3Y OR 3Z", BUT NO MORE 3X.
OUR SUPPLIERS HAVE PRICED THE 3X OUT OF THE MARKET AND WE CAN'T MAKE THE SAME PRODUCT THE SAME WAY ANYMORE. AND I CANNOT PROMISE WHEN WE CAN MAKE MORE, EITHER IN A NEW FORMAT OR AT ALL!

SO IF YOU WANT ONE OF THESE,YOUR CHANCE TO GET A GREAT PRICE IS NOW. AND AFTER SEPT 1, YOUR CHANCE TO GET ONE AT ANY PRICE WILL BE GETTING SMALLER EVERY DAY.

i WISH WE COULD KEEP MAKING THESE PRODUCTS THE SAME WAY, BUT "SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE".

THANKS FOR YOUR INCREDIBLE SUPPORT, AND I WILL KEEP WORKING TO FIND A WAY TO GET THAT MU-MOJO-SOUND INTO THE HANDS OF MUSICIANS "WHO HAVE EARS TO HEAR:"

SINCERELY,

MIKE "MU-TRON" BEIGEL
ccw3432
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby TI4-1009 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Not quite sure how to read Mike on this stuff. It seems like every other week he's been having some kind of "sale" on the TruTron, now it's "get 'em while you still can." Is it just me?
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby Ben Stotnova » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:30 am

I got mine. It arrived quickly, too. Completely lost myself in it when I tried it out, have no plans to come back :shock: . Tones are deeply musical :smile: . Tru-Tron 3x does not disappoint. Mike Beigel has climbed every mountain, overcome every obstacle to bring the Mu back. I didn't think I'd live to see it. It is a joy to experience the tones that Jerry had so much fun with. Thanks Mike!!!
Ben Stotnova
welcome
welcome

Postby Bear62 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks, that is nice to hear! I just got a signed model off of Reverb for $280 all in! Should arrive Sat!
Looking fwd to finally creating a small footprint Jerry pedal board. The GCX, Ground Link, Ground Control, 6 Space Rack, Rack Tuner and shelf will be going on the auction block!

peace!
Bear62
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby gr8fl4295 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:11 am

Not sure if this has been previously discussed...

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I first engage my MUFXTT3X the notes are hardly there, meaning there are no effects present, everything is very muted.
Does the pedal need to "warm" up? And how do you do that without having it always "on"?

Thanks.
Derek
Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.
gr8fl4295
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby hippieguy1954 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:04 am

gr8fl4295 wrote:Not sure if this has been previously discussed...

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I first engage my MUFXTT3X the notes are hardly there, meaning there are no effects present, everything is very muted.
Does the pedal need to "warm" up? And how do you do that without having it always "on"?

Thanks.
Derek

Where is it in your signal path? What kind of guitar/pickups/wiring? What settings on the trutron are you using?

Here is the manual: http://mu-fx-trutron3x.com/resources/Tr ... 20rev1.pdf
Try the suggested Jerry settings, if you haven't already.

I've noticed it seems to like a slight warm up.
Here is what it says in the manual about warmup:
"PHOTOMOD WARM-UP TIME
A very important aspect of the characteristics of the PHOTOMODS (optocouplers) that
control the filter frequency is that they have “WARM UP” time! For best results, leave the
power on and the sweep in DOWN DRIVE, with no input for about 10 minutes before you
start to experiment with the settings or play using your last settings.
Most people cannot hear the difference in sweep due to this “light history” effect, but for
maximum accuracy of control settings it is best to “warm-up” the photomods in this way - if
you have time. If you don’t have time for this warm-up period, the unit might sweep a bit
high at first, but will gradually settle to its usual operating range".
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone