OBEL rookie please help

Re: OBEL rookie please help

Postby hippieguy1954 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:18 am

Your box is wired correctly. If you haven't done the following, do it just to make sure everything is right.
Make sure the TRS output jack on the guitar and the TRS jack/cord are wired exactly the same as that input TRS jack in the box.
In other words, make sure the tip goes to the tip of the output jack in the guitar, the ring goes to the ring in the guitar, and the sleeve goes to the sleeve in the guitar.
If that's all fine, you really should follow the signal path from the output jack of the guitar to the OBEL switch and make sure it is wired correctly. You have to know for sure that it's all correct. It's a simple circuit, but one wrong connection causes total failure
The problem that is occurring when changing from battery power to house current could just be happening do to the OBEL problem, hopefully!
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby TeeJay » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Thanks for all your trouble shooting guys. I was about to run my head into the wall. I started building a Y cable to bypass the network box as recommended and built a new stereo cable to try also. When I used the new stereo cable into the network box every was perfect. All the problems must have been with the original stereo cable. It is odd because it was a decent store bought cable. Maybe there was some kind of sheilding or crosstalk issue with the cable? I dont know but its working and I owe you guys one. :cheers:
TeeJay
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby ccw3432 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Great news! I'm glad you got conclusion on this and thanks for sharing your findings so we all can learn from it. Now hopefully it doesn't start up again. :-)
ccw3432
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:12 am

Glad it worked out for ya! I knew it was something simple. Enjoy :smile:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone