Show us your rack!

Re: Show us your rack!

Postby czyfingers » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:28 pm

Jon,
Is that Carlson yours? I'd never heard of it, but just researched it and it looks like a sweet little gem.
czyfingers
Mickey
Mickey

Postby Jon S. » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:17 am

Not mine (unfortunately), just a pic I pulled off the 'net, but my friend Jon C (also a TGP regular) owns one. I'm not going to kid you - it's heavy! - but sounds gorgeous.
Disclaimers: I'm happy to share whatever relevant gear knowledge or experience I have. Genuflection/payment/proof of worthiness neither sought nor accepted. I don't design, build, market, sell or endorse for pay any new music product or service. I occasionally sell personal used gear. I am an unpaid endorser of SoundScaper Productions and Godfrey Daniels Guitarworks.
Jon S.

Postby czyfingers » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:21 pm

After seeing the photo and doing the research, I was very surprised to see that it was 65+lbs. if it sounds as nice as it looks, I'd lug it around anyway.
czyfingers
Mickey
Mickey

Postby skajellafetty » Sun May 11, 2014 9:32 pm

skajellafetty
Donna
Donna

Postby tntawney » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:54 pm

This is my rack that I have accumulated through the years. I seem to have a pre amp addiction. The crunch master had a good tune up by Joe at Shakedown Amps. Sounds killer. The SMS is still my favorite though.

“Jerry was a traditionalist and a pioneer, embracing America’s musical past while forging into the future. He understood how music can be a way to experience the unknown. This quest became a fountain of positive energy. How often does a lead guitarist play so selflessly with the idea of overshadowing the existence of ego? Every speck of me wishes he was still alive.”

-Mike Gordan
tntawney
tiger
tiger

Postby jkstraw » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:26 pm

Drool worthy rack! Do use the SMS reverb or turn it off and use the RT-921?
jkstraw
Jerry
Jerry

Postby tntawney » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:53 am

I use the 921 with the Trio and crunchmaster. The SMS reverb is great sounding also in my opinion.
“Jerry was a traditionalist and a pioneer, embracing America’s musical past while forging into the future. He understood how music can be a way to experience the unknown. This quest became a fountain of positive energy. How often does a lead guitarist play so selflessly with the idea of overshadowing the existence of ego? Every speck of me wishes he was still alive.”

-Mike Gordan
tntawney
tiger
tiger

Postby mkaufman » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:48 am

Can you please detail your Crunch Master settings, including which connections you use?

tx,
mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://www.advantech-ny.com/DellComputerWarranty/
mkaufman

Postby tntawney » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:22 pm

mkaufman wrote:Can you please detail your Crunch Master settings, including which connections you use?

tx,
mk

I use basically the same settings as on the Crunchmaster as I do the SMS. The only thing I do different then the SMS is that I have the "Bright" button on the Cruchmaster turned on. I have te MC2105 plugged into the Tube Out on the back of amp. I tried all of them and the Tube Out sounded the best. Some guys use the Cabinetulator Mix Out, but to me it didn't sound as good as my Tube Out. The Tube Out Volume on the back I turn all the way up and then back just a bit. About 8.5 or 9 usually does the trick. Both the switches on the back I have switched to the left. That is about as detailed as I can get. Like I said, Joe at Shakedown Amps had it for awhile and gave it some mojo.

On the front I have =

Treble all the way up
Bass all the way off
Middle at 7 or 8

Hope this helps if you have Crunchmaster or a Bluesmaster. Also it helps to have the right speaker, pickups, reverb, etc.

Pics of front and back for you

-Mike Gordan
tntawney
tiger
tiger

Postby mkaufman » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Thanks so much for sharing!

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://www.advantech-ny.com/DellComputerWarranty/
mkaufman

Postby seniorpesca » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:26 pm

seniorpesca
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby Blacklodgebob » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Amazing rig! Who worked on the Jerryfied Carvin? I want one!
Blacklodgebob
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby tcsned » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:33 pm

I've made a few changes. I'm using my older Mac 2100 that was fixed up a while back, I also pulled the Haz Mutron for a Q+, for the time being I pulled out my Earth Drive as it has an on/off switch issue.

Current rig:
Scarlet Fire Wolf or Milobender modded Tele -->
HubBub junction box-->Boss OC-3-->Q-Tron+-->T-Rex Dr Swamp-->T-Rex Spin Doctor-->Pigtronix Envelope Phaser-->T-Rex Replica -->
Korg DTR-1 tuner -->
SMS Classic preamp-->
McIntosh MC2100-->
2x12 Hogan cab w/Beyma Liberty speakers-->
Giant snowman

tcsned

Postby Searing75 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:44 am

I tried the giant snowman myself. I liked it at first, but then felt it was too sterile sounding. Too cold. It reminded me of a digital compressor in a way. I still have it, but don't feel that it suits guitar tone. Anyways, it sure looks good in your rig though!
All's well that sounds well.
Searing75

Postby tcsned » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:04 am

Searing75 wrote:I tried the giant snowman myself. I liked it at first, but then felt it was too sterile sounding. Too cold. It reminded me of a digital compressor in a way. I still have it, but don't feel that it suits guitar tone. Anyways, it sure looks good in your rig though!

If you run the Snowman pre-power amp you definitely get that cold, sterile thing. Post cabinet it just kind of looms with a creepy grin . . . not quite Elf on the Shelf creepy, but close.
tcsned

PreviousNext

Return to Jerry Tone