WOS 2x12 (?)

Re: WOS 2x12 (?)

Postby gr8fullfred » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Yes the guitar in the pic looks like "the first Irwin". Jerry's first Irwin was the first Irwin.
Has the Irwin Eagle, hence the name "Eagle".
gr8fullfred
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby TI4-1009 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Huh. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of Jerry playing the Eagle? I think it was in the RRHOF exhibit about 10 years ago- or not?
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby mgbills » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:41 am

I found it interesting that the photos in Waldo's (most excellent) magazine clipping shows a mixture of cabs with the magic tone-enhancing speaker clips, and cabs without. :lol: Damn clips...must be made of some space alloy.

(Edit) I was attempting humor, but I just re-examined the schematic prints. The earlier print shows speakers bolted into the cabs. The later prints show all clips. This might be repeat info, but I would presume that in that period is when they discovered that the clips made the speakers easier to change.

(2nd Edit). Wait. Wait. Not so clear cut. The early photos (w/ speaker covers) have both bolted & clipped.

Curiouser & Curiouser. The world just keeps getting Curiouser & Curiouser.
Peace
M
"Hi Ho...the Carrion Crow...FoldeRoldeRiddle"
mgbills

Postby gr8fullfred » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:35 am

Huh. I don't think I've ever seen a photo of Jerry playing the Eagle? I think it was in the RRHOF exhibit about 10 years ago- or not?

It is interesting that Jerry walked into the Alembic store and bought Eagle on the spot and ordered what would become Wolf. Apparently Jerry never played Eagle in concert, why is that? Inquiring minds want to know?
gr8fullfred
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby TI4-1009 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:18 am

Here's a theory- Jer talked about how the Irwin guitars just fit him- his hands just loved them. But he was using single coils at the time and Eagle had humbuckers. So he liked the feel of the guitar, wanted to own it, but the electronics didn't fit his sound at the time.

He had GAS just like the rest of us :-)
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone