PSA Chicago Craigslist

PSA Chicago Craigslist

Postby alcorelectric » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:00 pm

alcorelectric
Billy
Billy

Re: PSA Chicago Craigslist

Postby SarnoMusicSolutions » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Thanks for sharing. Doesn't actually have "drip edge" like stated. A bit pricey, but if the D120's are in good shape, that's about $500 to $600 right there in speakers alone. Amp is worth about $750 to $850. If he'd take $1450, that's an acceptable price, but only if it's in very good working order and the speakers are perfect.

May actually be a '69 or '70. Perhaps with the dreaded output section circuit needing the blackface mods. Easy to do, but he should find out what "drip edge" means and really what year it is.

Brad
... and it's just like any other day that's ever been...
SarnoMusicSolutions

Postby gr8fullfred » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:39 pm

He asking top dollar for sure, but it is an original JBL equipped twin, that JBL badge is a rare thing.
They are not making any more D, K, or E 120s now are they? No drip edge, maybe he will lower the price a bit for that. A little pricey, but it is on our radar screen for a reason.
gr8fullfred
Jerry
Jerry

Postby seamones » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Its gone now, so it doesn't matter, but I wonder why there was almost no interest in mine for $900 sans JBL badge, but otherwise similar.
seamones
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby hippieguy1954 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:01 am

seamones wrote:Its gone now, so it doesn't matter, but I wonder why there was almost no interest in mine for $900 sans JBL badge, but otherwise similar.

I think it depends where you live. That was a Chicago CL add which has a huge population or viewers and musicians, therefore things sell quicker.

I too have had a '76 Twin (in very good condition/no JBL's) on CL for almost a year now and can't get $900. Haven't even had one offer. I'm about 3 hrs from NYC and am thinkin about listing it there to see if I get any offers.

I haven't gone the Ebay route yet because shipping a Twin can be tricky, but if I have to, I will. :smile: :smile: :smile:
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby Smolder » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:12 am

I reached out to this guy a while back. He had it listed at 1200... I was interested in spending 8-900. He talked with a couple of dealers and was influenced to price it where it is now. It's been for sale for at least a couple of months now. Another one was listed a couple of weeks ago (as NOS ; ) at 1800... This second one is also on the bay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Twin-Rev ... _500wt_922

There have been a handful of generic 70's twins up in Chicago for the last several weeks.

@seamones... Twins have a bad rap for being too heavy and two damn loud. We like em... But they are a bitch to ship. That said, there are lots of ways to make all that more manageable.
Smolder

Postby seamones » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:46 am

Smolder wrote:
@seamones... Twins have a bad rap for being too heavy and two damn loud. We like em... But they are a bitch to ship. That said, there are lots of ways to make all that more manageable.

Exactly why I decided to part ways with mine.
seamones
Rosemary
Rosemary

Return to Jerry Tone