Any Experience With This Amp?

Any Experience With This Amp?

Postby dleonard » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:04 pm

The Fender Mustang III 100W 1x12. Seems like it can definitely get close to the Twin with the '65 TR setting, and also cop plenty of other stuff for other tunes. At 100 watts seems like it could easily play any gig too. How is this 1x12 100W and my TRRI is only 85W?

Think I might have a buyer for my TRRI and might pick this up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
dleonard
Bear
Bear

Re: Any Experience With This Amp?

Postby seamones » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Is the 85watts not cutting it? I have no idea the types of places you're playing, but when recently exchanging my '71 Twin the most important thing to me was less wattage. Much less. I ended up with a Kock Twintone, which is pretty cool because you can knock it down to 25W from 50W. I have not gigged with it, but at rehearsal I have not had the volume past 9 o'clock.

Just my .02 on wattage...
seamones
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby dleonard » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:43 pm

The 85W on the Twin is overkill. I just mean that this amp could seemingly cut it at any bar gig, right?
dleonard
Bear
Bear

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:40 pm

The only thing about the Fender Modeling was it sounded great at lower volumes but lost its authenticity of tone at louder volumes. It seems the converse is true for tube amps. I have the Gdec 30 and its plenty loud and has great bedroom tone. All stage experiments seemed promising but ultimately failed.

I have REALLY been digging my HRD III. Great tone. get the version with the Celeston in it, Got mine for $499 from guitar center with a $200 off coupon.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Return to Jerry Tone