ALERT%!%!%Zappa Plays Zappa (ZPZ)

ALERT%!%!%Zappa Plays Zappa (ZPZ)

Postby nabco » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:16 am

I am posting this in jerry tone because Dweezil is using a Tele through the AXE FX 2 and he had many melodic lines during improv that reminded me of Garcia. If the admin wants to move it to some other mo betta place, fine no worries.
So anyhow I just went to see ZPZ and I am mind blown!
These guys and gals are tight, and they definitely jam improv.......Monster Bass player and drummer, great percussionist
I can not say enough about the musicianship of this band, the tones of all the players are amazing.
Dweezil, from what I could tell, was using using an axe fx 2 and lots of boutique effects pedals like : Wampler Boost, Wampler Delay (I Think)
and some great sounding pedals by JAM (?)..... Never heard of em.... but that was the brand he had the most pedals from.

They play San Diego tomorrow and then only 6 more dates in the USA so if you can check it out
nabco
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Re: ALERT%!%!%Zappa Plays Zappa (ZPZ)

Postby hippieguy1954 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:02 am

I heard a recording that a friend gave me from a recent show. Dweezil is awesome (like is Dad was)! I always loved Frank and it's great to hear Dweezil following him! And as you say, the band is awesome too!
:smile: :smile: :smile:
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby myoung6923 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:41 am

I've seen them a couple of times and they are absolutely amazing!
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us

http://www.fennario.us
http://www.youtube.com/fennarioband
http://www.facebook.com/fennarioband
myoung6923

Postby Mr.Burns » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:15 am

Glad to hear some board members as enthusiastic about this band as I am. I haven't gotten the chance to see them, but the DVD is amazing.

Dweezil talks about taking two years off to learn the music, and when you consider Frank's catalog, that is no small feat. He's a fantastic guitar player that IMO gets dismissed much too easily. Anyone brave enough to take on Frank's music deserves props. :cool:
Mr.Burns
Phil
Phil

Postby jackr » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:48 am

I was always a zappa fan but about a year ago I went to see Return To Forever and zappa plays zappa was the "warm up" band.

It was just amazing and i highly recommend anyone to go see them. Even though I went to see the iconic players in Return to Forever which was also great. Zappa blew them away.
On tour '76 - '81
Clean & Sober since '87
jackr

Postby jeager » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:21 am

I caught them last winter and they started by playing the entire Apostrophe album strait through. Lots of fun.
"One man gathers what another man spills..."
jeager
Terrapin
Terrapin

Return to Jerry Tone