Visual Volume Pedal w/ Preamp Buffer Routing

Visual Volume Pedal w/ Preamp Buffer Routing

Postby eric » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Question here guys....

I'm using a volume pedal at the end of my chain (post fx ..into the preamp). I have no buffer in front of my pedals. I know it is sucking tone but I'm not going the TPC-1 route just yet, nor a bypass strip, or gcx type setup.

The Visual Volume pedal I'm using has 2 ins and 2 outs. It has 2 separate active preamp buffers, with individual trim pots. I've been using it in passive mode but, now I wonder if there is a way I that could create my own "loop" so that I could utilize "active mode"and get a buffered signal going into the front of my pedals, all the while still keeping the volume pedal at the end.

Or, even still just use the pedal in it's current position in the chain but now in active mode and set buffer's trim-pot to affect the post fx signal going directly into the preamp to bring back some of the sucked tone?? Does that make sense??

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

This actually might be a topic that has not been covered here...

psyched for the Expo!!!
eric
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Re: Visual Volume Pedal w/ Preamp Buffer Routing

Postby jeager » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:48 pm

I wanted to try the volume pedal option, and found a visual sound pedal used for 50$ but it really did kill the high frequency. Not what we want. I used to have a Morely and I don't feel it did that... I wonder if using the TPC-1 or other similar buffer would fix that problem. I do feel that having a volume pedal near the end of my chain would be a great solution for adjusting vol after the envelope filter. Plus I really like them just in front of a delay for doing spacey swell and such...
"One man gathers what another man spills..."
jeager
Terrapin
Terrapin

Return to Jerry Tone