Troy Post guitar

Troy Post guitar

Postby Gypsy91 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:17 am

Hey y'all...longtime lurker first time poster. Awesome site with so much great information and passion! Ever since Tampa '95 (my first and only GD show) I've wanted to play like Jerry with a guitar that looked like Jerry's. All these years later I've come to realize that (despite trying my best and practicing hours on end) I'll never be the leader of a big ole band :cry: I have been able to adequately entertain myself (and endlessly annoy my girlfriend) with the help of a decent (so I thought) Ibanez and my fender Gdec amp. So a few weeks ago I saw an eBay auction for a Garcia replica guitar made by Troy Post that looked fantastic. Like most of you on this board I'm certain, I'm always keeping an eye out for that sort of thing and unless another "cowboy fancy" surfaces I'm not willing to part with the kind of cabbage these items require. DISCLAIMER...I Did spend 5500.00 on a bolt replica made by the fine folks at Resurrection 5 years ago, but promptly re-sold it at a loss when I realized I couldn't afford a tank of gas anymore :roll: Anyhow...long story short ( I know..too late) I contacted Troy directly and although I missed out on the eBay item, he had another piece in the works which I promptly purchased. It arrived today. My Gdec has never sounded so good....even my girlfriend stopped and listened for once...I have the guitar I've always wanted and got it for under 2k (Garcia electronics and all). Troy was a true pro to deal with and I am so thankful there are good folks out there doing this sort of work for such a specific group of dedicated bedroom and ballroom jammers! I'll try to upload photos soon....thanks
Gypsy91
welcome
welcome

Re: Troy Post guitar

Postby SpaceYrface43 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:26 am

Congrats on the Post guitar . It's your lucky week boss, there's a Cowboy Fancy on Ebay right now if you have $10,000 to spare.
SpaceYrface43
710 ashbury
710 ashbury

Postby Gypsy91 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:32 am

Wow...just saw it...haven't seen one in a while....I'm sure it will get scooped up
Gypsy91
welcome
welcome

Postby uneek23 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:07 am

I've been looking for an affordable, jerry-like guitar as well.. i ran across his website and i love the look and prices. Glad to hear the tone is great as well.. can you post a pic of your new guitar? i'd love to see it.
uneek23
Vince
Vince

Postby paulinnc » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:50 pm

Troy is a member here, he just posted in the introduction forum. I'm sure he will be happy to read about your experience.
paulinnc

Postby Chutley » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:23 am

I purchased a guitar from Troy last year, and have enjoyed it thoroughly. Sounds fantastic and very reasonably priced. My experience with Troy was similar to the original poster - he was an absolute pleasure to do business with. I would highly recommend Troy to anyone.
Chutley
bruce
bruce

Postby strummingturtle » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:28 am

I have a post guitar and love it as well. But if any one out is about to order one I would seriously consider asking him to spread the electronic controls some more. I cannot fit my finger between the volume knob and The 5 way toggle switch. The coil splitting switches and obel switch are also tucked in very tight to the tone knobs. That being said, For the price range these guitars are awesome, and they sure help one get in the playing field of the Jerry tone.
Peace
strummingturtle
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby ndrewoods » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:11 pm

strummingturtle wrote:I have a post guitar classes and love it as well. But if any one out is about to order one I would seriously consider asking him to spread the electronic controls some more. I cannot fit my finger between the volume knob and The 5 way toggle switch. The coil splitting switches and obel switch are also tucked in very tight to the tone knobs. That being said, For the price range these guitars are awesome, and they sure help one get in the playing field of the Jerry tone.
Peace

Just read this today. Great find Gypsy91. If it sounded great on a G Dec then I also want to own one. Anyway, thanks for the heads up strummingturtle :-)
ndrewoods
Rosebud
Rosebud

Return to Jerry Tone