Mac Amps, dependability, transporting and racking?

Re: Mac Amps, dependability, transporting and racking?

Postby mijknahs » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:23 pm

SpaceYrface43 wrote:I think the guys that want Mac"s should lean more towards the 2505,2105 and the 2120 as they can be racked more easily. They sell for around the same price as the others without the face plates anyhow. The 2105 seems popular and are pricey but thats what i want next. Hell i saw a MC50 go last week on the bay for $1100.00. That just nuts.
Drunk Rambling just though i would say hi as the Mac is new to my rig as well.

The "industrial" versions are much cheaper. Compare the MC250 to the MC2505. At least a $300 difference on average. Also, the MC250 is popular because it's lighter than most (35 lbs).
mijknahs

Postby tdub » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:47 pm

I rack-mounted my MC250 a while back. Took a heavy duty vented rack sheet and mounted two very sturdy metal bars which were attached to the side of the MC250 with several short screws. Braced a few things here and there and it is good to go in a 6 space rack on wheels. The volume knobs, etc, face the front for convenience. Will try to send a photo soon, but the rig is over at the practice space. Much easier to haul around and more peace of mind, too. Went the extra mile and removed the Mac insignia on the side of the unit and mounted it to a blank rack sheet. Total overkill, but it looks purty.
tdub
tiger
tiger

Postby Pete B. » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:29 am

tdub wrote: ...Went the extra mile and removed the Mac insignia on the side of the unit and mounted it to a blank rack sheet. Total overkill, but it looks purty.

Gotta have that Logo out there! :cool:

I gigged with my MC250 last night, and I hauled it in a large, wheeled, soft sided, Samsonite luggage thing with the handle that extends. An oversized overhead-airplane bag, basically.
I'll post a pic later (bag is still in the van in the garage).
I had this 3" foam that I cut into the right sizes, and basicly boxed in the Mac and zipped it into a foam box.
It worked pretty well, but on the otherhand was a bit bulky.
Pete B.

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone