Sarno Music Solutions!

Re: Sarno Music Solutions!

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:05 pm

It's 4/20 and I've got 10 months clean and sober today. Lol.
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby tcsned » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:37 pm

wolftigerrosebud wrote:It's 4/20 and I've got 10 months clean and sober today. Lol.

Congrats!

I remember hearing a great line from Iggy Pop - "I don't get high anymore but I still think stoned thoughts!"
tcsned

Postby bdhact1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:05 pm

SarnoMusicSolutions wrote:Exactly.

The JG mods are based on component material types as well as a couple of value changes that tighten the bass response and shift the low mids in a way that makes things a bit fuller without being muddy. Also some small changes to the input pathway that further clears things up. The component material types contribute to the overall harmonic content and feel and focus. No way to switch it on or off as all these components actually make up the hard wired circuitry.

Brad

We would just have to buy two then ;-)
bdhact1
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby strumminsix » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:19 am

Happy Birthday, Brad!!
strumminsix

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:40 pm

tcsned wrote:I remember hearing a great line from Iggy Pop - "I don't get high anymore but I still think stoned thoughts!"

thanks ned. what iggy said is no joke, either. happens all the time.
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby unnbrokenchain » Thu May 05, 2011 2:53 pm

Just got my SMS preamp today and it is awesome! Of course though, the day I get it my main go to guitar went kaput along with my MXR microamp. Anyways I have been playing through it today with my 52' reissue telecaster and have been getting THE tele sound. It is so sweet. My setup chain for now is the SMS > Lexicon mx400 > Legion 75watt power amp > two E120's. No doubt about it, all three units were great buys. I've been pulling great reverbs and delays from the mx400 all day. The spring effect on the mx400, after some tweaking can sound ALMOST like a real spring reverb. The legion power amp is surprisingly a very warm sounding amp. It was 80 bucks well spent and it looks like I will be using it for a long time to come. The EQ on the preamp is great. The highs are little bit more powerful than I remember compared to my old fenders, but that may be just the telecaster. Love it when I just bang on those low fret chords. The JG mods and great SS amp make it heaven. I was going to post pics and video, but I'm going to wait on the video while my Carvin gets repaired. Since I had to gut out the entire guitar I figured I might as well get it all over with and purchase three Super II's. Going to drop it off with a luthier for the routing and soldering job. I'll post some #1's though this weekend.
unnbrokenchain
Mickey
Mickey

Postby SarnoMusicSolutions » Thu May 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Keep in mind that when these preamps are new, they are extra bright. The tubes, signal cap's, and especially the cathode bypass cap's will have a hard, crisp, and bright character to them for the first few dozen hours of run time. Once everything settles in and the trebly "glare" retreats, the rich midrange will then dominate and will take on a more 3D-like dimension and vocal quality.

Brad
... and it's just like any other day that's ever been...
SarnoMusicSolutions

Postby unnbrokenchain » Thu May 05, 2011 7:09 pm

^^^I just rolled back the treble some. I'm perfectly happy with it now and can't wait to break it in to get even more rich juicy goodness. This unit has all the spare treble one would ever need, which is a good thing. I can easily get a blackface fender tone with the treble rolled back and the mids boosted or I can go the other route with the mids rolled back and the treble boosted. For fender amp lovers, this preamp has unbelievable versatility I didn't even expect myself. I'm a set it and forget it kind of guy and I have been having fun all day with adjusting the EQ and gain to create some great tones. For my Jerrycaster I will set it to the usual settings, treble at 8-9 mids at 4 and bass at 0. For my Telecaster I like treble at 5-6 mids 6-7 bass 0. I also like the gain set at 75% or at the 3 o'clock position.
unnbrokenchain
Mickey
Mickey

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri May 27, 2011 11:51 am

I would like to add another aspect to the "Sarno" experience... Brad was extremely helpful when mine had to go into the shop and get back to the stage ASAP. He honors his word and shoots straight as an arrow. That means everything these days to me.... He is only human, and a super one at that! Thanks Brad, I barely skipped a beat!! :cool:
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby strumminsix » Fri May 27, 2011 12:19 pm

What was wrong with it?
strumminsix

Postby SarnoMusicSolutions » Sat May 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Had a treble pot that decided to go 360 degrees without stopping. Easy fix, but one that needed to be at the bench to do safely.

B
SarnoMusicSolutions

Postby mijknahs » Sat May 28, 2011 3:18 pm

Does that mean the volume keeps getting louder without end? I want one!
mijknahs

Postby SarnoMusicSolutions » Sat May 28, 2011 4:57 pm

It would get infinitely more trebly. :cool:

B
SarnoMusicSolutions

Postby Chinarider1A » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:36 am

Has anyone tried a Mesa Tube Power amp with either Brad's SMS or out of a twin? the stereo 2:50 and the 2:90 use 6l6's. Was curious if they color the sound..........
Chinarider1A
Brent
Brent

Postby tcsned » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:00 am

Chinarider1A wrote:Has anyone tried a Mesa Tube Power amp with either Brad's SMS or out of a twin? the stereo 2:50 and the 2:90 use 6l6's. Was curious if they color the sound..........

I believe Helio uses a 50/50. I use the power section of my Mesa Mark III and it works great. I don't think there is a power amp that doesn't color the sound it's a matter of good color or bad color. I like the Mesa's color. It's got plenty of clean headroom.
tcsned

PreviousNext

Return to Jerry Tone