yet another Mcintosh question

yet another Mcintosh question

Postby guitarcats » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:38 am

Forgive me if this seems like a stupid question but I did my searching and couldnt find the answer I was looking for. I have a MC50 and SMS in route but the SMS will be headed to Brad to add the Jerry mod so I will be with the MC50 for a bit. My quetion is, can I run just the mac without the preamp to test it out without doing any damage? Thanks in advance! :-)
guitarcats
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: yet another Mcintosh question

Postby mkaufman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:49 am

I would say yes, however, without a preamp, I don't think you'll get much volume.

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Postby guitarcats » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:08 pm

mkaufman wrote:I would say yes, however, without a preamp, I don't think you'll get much volume.

mk

Thats what I was thinking but didnt want to take a chance and fry something. I wanted to see how well the MC50 worked and didnt have to get it worked on.
guitarcats
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby mijknahs » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:49 pm

You will be able to run something through it to test it. Do you have a stereo receiver or maybe even your guitar with some kind of boost pedal (distortion with level up). Try even an iPod. It will be put out a decent level of sound. Not super loud but should be a decent "comfortable" volume.
mijknahs

Postby guitarcats » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:32 pm

mijknahs wrote:You will be able to run something through it to test it. Do you have a stereo receiver or maybe even your guitar with some kind of boost pedal (distortion with level up). Try even an iPod. It will be put out a decent level of sound. Not super loud but should be a decent "comfortable" volume.

I will try that, thanks again for the input.
guitarcats
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby Smolder » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:32 am

if you have a PA mixer, that is a preamp. Also, an iPod will work to test it.
Smolder

Return to Jerry Tone