Saw my first Phish show the other night...

Re: Saw my first Phish show the other night...

Postby Stevo123 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:06 am

Never got into phish much, thought a lot of their songs were kinda obnoxious, etc. However I finally got a chance to see them live in Charleston two nights over the weekend and I was supremely impressed. I was amazed by how high-energy it was. I was dancing hard the entire time, way more than I probably would have at a dead show or any other show around really. Reminded me a bit of the energy at the Widespread shows I've been to, except you don't get fatigued by the endless shredding in the first 10 minutes. One thing I kept noticing was these potential spaces in their sound and thinking "man, they should have a rhythm guitarist!" lol. Good stuff, though, I would definitely see them again. It's still no dead show though! heh.
Stevo123
Mickey
Mickey

Postby vwjodyme » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:16 am

i prob know some of you guys! I was on and off phish tour from 94-98ish (mostly on after '95).
haven't thought about them much since...did go to phenway though (sound sucked).
a friend did invite me up to augusta, me tonight but i've got a real job now :cry:
vwjodyme

Postby bodiddley » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:51 pm

I actually made it to 2 Phish shows this Summer so I can safely say they've got me for the duration. I'm on board and probably listen to a lot more Phish than GD right now and I honestly never thought I'd see that happen. Guess I needed a breath of fresh air.
bodiddley

Postby tiffcheese » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:18 am

Fall '10 was the best Phish I've seen and heard ever (did ~36 shows since 96). I agree on the win/win that tix are available and they sound great!! Got to get on the floor for the first time at Amherst. I really love seeing Phish indoors and I got up to around five people back, between Page + Trey...unparalleled energy. Man what an amazing experience that was! I never got to see the Dead, so being able to follow Phish in realtime has been a life dream ever since I discovered the Dead and subsequently lost the Dead w/Jerry's passing. Love me some Phish, yep yep
tiffcheese

Postby DeadAheadNH » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:02 am

First Show:
11/11/88 (Fri) Stone Church - Newmarket, NH :cool:
DeadAheadNH
Brent
Brent

Postby tigerstrat » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:33 am

They haven't played in Portland or Oregon in like 16 years. Talk about bogarting that J!
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby tiffcheese » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:25 pm

lol yeah the Northeast is really lucky in that respect! Makes up for all the other northeasternly baloney
tiffcheese

Previous

Return to Phish