with the ABB last night

with the ABB last night

Postby mttourpro » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:06 am

SETLIST

Set 1: Little Martha (Derek and Warren), Trouble No More, Leave My Blues At Home, Who’s Been Talkin’, Black Hearted Woman/The Other One Jam/BHW, Can’t Lose What You Never Had, The Sky Is Crying (w/ Buddy Guy), You Don’t Love Me (w/ Buddy Guy), Southbound (w/Buddy Guy, Trey Anastasio, Page McConnell)

Set 2: I Know You Rider (w/Trey & Page), In Memory of Elizabeth Reed (w/Trey & Page), Dreams, Jessica > Drums > Jessica

Encore: Statesboro Blues > The Blues Is Alright > Statesboro Blues

here's the whole article......sounds like it was pretty unbelievable. I'd like to hear the show.

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrac ... hers-band/
http://www.thecausejams.com

let your life proceed by its own design....
mttourpro

Re: with the ABB last night

Postby amyjared » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:56 am

Sounds awesome! For those of you unaware, the Allman's are doing their annual Beacon run in NY and have special guests every night! The shows are off the hook and the guests are some great folks (Taj Mahal, Levon Helm, Johnny Winter, etc). What's even better: The Allman's record and sell all their concerts (instant live) both after the shows and on their website (hittingtheweb.com), much the way many bands are doing these days and they are also offering something called Moogis, which means you can watch all the Beacon shows as they happen on your computer! I haven't done it because you can only buy all the shows and it's spendy, but what I hoping it means is that there will be video of shows up on bit torrent sites in the future that we can download and enjoy. I can't wait to see them with the boys at the Gorge, almost more excited to see them...
"The only funeral you should ever try to interrupt is your own, and that should be a full-time job." -Kinky Friedman
amyjared

Postby Crazy 9.5 Fingers » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Buddy of mine was at the show and gave me the rundown.

Said Buddy Guy was aiight. had some great moments, but others where he was just out of his element in particular being really lost in You Don't Love Me..

Trey was good, not great, and kind of killed the vibe of Liz Reed with his first solo but kind of saved it at the end.

Page was outstanding and totally tore up the Liz Reed and the I Know You Rider jam and was the guest MVP of the night. And a lot of the 50 and over Allman's fans who had no idea who he was were talking about him all night.

He also added that Derek Trucks is without doubt the finest guitar player on four wheels these days. Pretty much in a league of his own.
There are only two mantras. Yum and yuk. Mine's yum.
Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Postby golfnutt » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:03 pm

Dude its even better than that they have wired the beacon with cameras and sell a subscription at moogis.com its a project started by Butch Trucks its awesome I have been watching every beacon show since Monday. Last nights show with Buddy Guy and Trey was off the hook and tonight Boz Scagg it was big fun.
ImageImage
golfnutt
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby waldo041 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:59 pm

"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby bodiddley » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:21 am

Damn, that just gave me the fever to see ABB this year.
bodiddley

Return to Phish