Greetings from Wyoming

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Greetings from Wyoming

Postby Jerms » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi. My name is Jeremy, and I live in Alpine, WY, just south of Jackson. Moved to Jackson from Minneapolis in '98. Started listening to the Dead in '93, right after I graduated from HS. Saw 8 shows in '94 and '95. I really love listening to '70s GD, '72-'74 in particular. Not that I don't like the rest of it, it's all good up 'till '92. I've played guitar since I was little, got into the blues and SRV in high school, then the Dead and Phish in college. I took kind of a break from listening to the dead (at least to the extent I was listening to them previously!) for a few years, then I joined my first Dead cover band this summer, called The Deadlocks (www.thedeadlocks.com). I play a MIM ash strat (which I've modded with Seymour Duncans and an on-board preamp) through a '73 Fender Twin. Still trying to get my Jerry tone dialed. Love this site!
Jerms
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Re: Greetings from Wyoming

Postby JonnyBoy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:55 pm

Welcome dude. You wanna dial in some Jerryism? You have come to the only place that has this many horses mouths and pro Jerry's to help you with that! Buckle up, hang on tight and memorize your old lady's credit card #!!! :smile: It can get frustrating but always rewarding depending how close you wanna get! It is still amazing to me how many musicians across our great land, Dead related or not, that study his technique and tone as if we are getting a PHD in guitar studies. I am sure he would get a kick out of that.

Welcome friend.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby gr8fulbluz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:32 pm

:thewave:
welcome aboard.
gr8fulbluz

Postby tcsned » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:38 pm

greetings and welcome to the fold!
tcsned

Postby Jerms » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:31 am

Wow what a welcome! You guys are awesome. It's off to the Jerry Tone forum!
Jerms
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby strumminsix » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:04 am

Welcome! Looks like you are off to a good start for the tone you want with that rig!
strumminsix

Postby Pete B. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:14 am

Hi Jeremy,
Hey I did a stint in Wyoming back in the 80's.
Lived in Cody and Powell.
We were gigging mostly in the towns at the Yellowstone Park entrances in the summer, and the ski areas in the winter.
I used to play a gig in Pinedale, and found a small but faithful Jerry G contingent there, uhhh... over by the pool table, basically.
Word is that John Barlow had a ranch nearby, but we never met up with him. Is he around there these days?
Anyway...
Welcome.
Pete B.
Pete B.

Postby Jerms » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:37 pm

Can't say I've heard of any sightings, although supposedly he still lives in the Pinedale area. We're about 75 miles from there.
Jerms
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby Chuckles » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Deadlocks? Love it! :smile:

Checked out your website... two things: one, your female vox is a stunner (sorry, I am cro-magnon)... and, two, how was playing with Gans?

Welcome!
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby Jerms » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Chuckles wrote:Deadlocks? Love it! :smile:

Checked out your website... two things: one, your female vox is a stunner (sorry, I am cro-magnon)... and, two, how was playing with Gans?

Welcome!

Thanks! Yeah Meggan is quite the looker; no apology necessary. We had a great time playing with Gans. He's a really nice, mellow guy and a great guitar player as well. I like how he uses his looper to sort of set up a whole rhythm section to back his guitar leads. We just played an awesome show at the base of Jackson Hole ski resort in Teton Village, WY, and hopefully some tracks will make it onto the web site this week. Also checked out you video on FB. You guys are good!
Jerms
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Return to Introductions