Down where the sun don`t shine and the rain refuse to fall..

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Down where the sun don`t shine and the rain refuse to fall..

Postby imissjg » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Hello and greetings....I`m residing in Va. as of of now...possible to change at the drop of a hat though...The name`s,"Chris."...I followed Jerry and the boyz around for a mere,3 yrs...but got into 27 shows during..It was 93`-95`....some would say not the best of times to see orvhear,for that matter,The Grateful Dead...But I disagree,with a capitol"D!!" ...Jerry played with a passion unheard in earlier eras,if you ask me..And,considering "the life"he was dwelling in at the time,not so great,The tunes like"SOTM,SMR and Days"were sounding more as if He "REALLY had lived and had 1st-hand knowledge of thier context...his life was fitting the lyrics at many a venue....Anywho...I play the Saxophone and piano...I`m not in a band....I just miss Hearing and seeing Jerry play!!!
imissjg
welcome
welcome

Re: Down where the sun don`t shine and the rain refuse to fa

Postby gr8fulbluz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:20 am

Welcome aboard.
never had such a good time
:thewave:
gr8fulbluz
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby Grateful Dad » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:38 am

imissjg wrote:Hello and greetings....I`m residing in Va. as of of now...possible to change at the drop of a hat though...The name`s,"Chris."...I followed Jerry and the boyz around for a mere,3 yrs...but got into 27 shows during..It was 93`-95`....some would say not the best of times to see orvhear,for that matter,The Grateful Dead...But I disagree,with a capitol"D!!" ...Jerry played with a passion unheard in earlier eras,if you ask me..And,considering "the life"he was dwelling in at the time,not so great,The tunes like"SOTM,SMR and Days"were sounding more as if He "REALLY had lived and had 1st-hand knowledge of thier context...his life was fitting the lyrics at many a venue....Anywho...I play the Saxophone and piano...I`m not in a band....I just miss Hearing and seeing Jerry play!!!

Welcome Chris! It's an understatement to say we all miss Jerry and I think everyone would agree that by playing his music and continuing to play music that comes from the same general space that all great musicians come from is a fitting tribute to his legacy. Music is a lifelong gift and it does not matter if you play for one, two, or hundreds of people, music transcends all boundries of human spirit and Jerry and the boys were, and continue to be, an inspiration to us all.

I have played with some very cool people I have met through rukind and have also communicated with very knowledgeable people about other topics here. Lots of good folk here!

Welcome!

G.Dad
Grateful Dad
Phil
Phil

Postby strumminsix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:42 am

Yo Dude! Welcome!
strumminsix

Postby willmusic » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:51 am

Greetings from Richmond VA!
willmusic
wolf
wolf

Postby tcsned » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:53 am

greetings from the beautiful Blue Ridge Mts and home of the Hokies!
tcsned

Return to Introductions