Hello from Newb

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Hello from Newb

Postby gdrfk1990 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:43 am

Hi what's up I am new to the list my name is Eric I live in Rockland county NY I play Jerry style guitar and dabble in guitar building stuff too. I play through a self made guitar with Cocobolo front and back and a maple center with super 2s and a seymore duncan vintage single coil. no fancy wiring[img]
guitar1a.jpg
[/img] I put it through a Fender Deluxe Reverb 65 reissue for effects I have Boss Super Distortion, Overdrive, Digital delay and a Mutron III+ re-issue and a voodoo vibe leslie simulator (sometimes) I just started my new guitar today it will have the tiger type shape with the wolf woods purple heart and maple[img]
guitar1.jpg
[/img][img]
guitar2.jpg
[/img]
Attachments
guitar2.jpg
guitar2.jpg (42.96 KiB) Viewed 777 times
guitar1.jpg
guitar1.jpg (60.52 KiB) Viewed 777 times
guitar1a.jpg
guitar1a.jpg (112.39 KiB) Viewed 777 times
gdrfk1990
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: Hello from Newb

Postby Billbbill » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:57 am

Hey Eric -

Eric is no joke y'all - he's filled in for us twice now when mkaufman was unavailable. Being a 'jerry guy' eric does an excellent job on rhythm. We trade off leads here and there and he's top notch there as well. Has a masters in jazz arrangements & composition and it shows.

Here's a clip of High Heeled Sneakers from our last gig where we brought eric in. He rips it up nicely after the keys lead.

http://www.archive.org/download/sbb2010 ... d/bhhs.mp3

He's also looking for some wiring help in this thread if anyone can lend him a hand

viewtopic.php?f=419&t=9126
Billbbill

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:57 am

Welcome, Eric!
Rusty the Scoob

Postby tcsned » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Welcome! Cool guitar!
tcsned

Postby strumminsix » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:48 pm

Hiya!
strumminsix

Postby JonnyBoy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Whats up! I got a minor in Jazz comp./studies. I like the diagram on waldo's site for Rosebud since it is a version he has held and studied up close and the wiring schematic IS confirmed. I rigged up my les paul to handle the 3 humbuckers and the diagram was spot on.

http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby gdrfk1990 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:57 am

I am going to use the tiger wiring going to radio shack today I had a nasty Buzz in this guys basement the other night every guitar we plugged in had it too but still I am rewiring today. the Humbuckers should be quiet right ?
as far as school I went to GIT spent a ton of time with TiM Bogart (Vanilla Fudge, Bobby and The Midnights, Cactus) as well as Scott Henderson and Kieth Wyatt I studied at William Patterson Univesity and have a BFA in Music and most of my M.M. in Jazz Composition and Arranging from Five Towns College here's a clip this is the Current rig not running at full capcity though because of the afformentioned Buzz the other night and it's a new band I just started playing with http://www.osejams.com/10scarlet.mp3 you can also learn more about me at http://www.osejams.com If you guys know anyone affordable that does this type of wiring mod in NY tri-state area let me know too.. I also have acoustic clips here http://www.youtube.com/osejams

Guitar update: I got the front glued on and hollowed out a small section then glued the back on last night I should cut the basic shape tomorrow and hopefully route pickups this week then I have to take a bunch of time shape it then make and carve the neck. I'll post some pics tomorrow

Thanks for all the help I am going to take a wack at something similar to tiger wiring today I have no CB1 or any loop etc so I am going to leave that out
gdrfk1990
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby gdrfk1990 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:06 am

Oh yeah and any suggestions on Improving the rig will be appreciated. I am thinking of adding the The Boss Octave divider and the alessis midiverb ??
gdrfk1990
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby jdsmodulus » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:42 am

Hey Now!
jdsmodulus

Postby verbenco » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:55 am

you mention you play "jerry style" guitar. i have played guitar for many years yet remain only an "OK" player. i am familiar with some theory and play very mechanically since my ears are less than i would like.
I would appreciate any specific tips you may have on playing "Jerry style" .

for me any step in that direction would be sort of a holy grail.
verbenco
rukind?
rukind?

Return to Introductions