Introduction & Anniversary

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Introduction & Anniversary

Postby Grateful Dad » Thu May 13, 2010 10:53 am

Greetings everyone! I have been using discussion board for almost a year now without introducing myself first. My name is Dave and I am a happily married husband and a father of two young boys. My family means everything to me, hence my posting name "Grateful Dad".

I play bass in a new band called Honeystone. Our first gig is in two weeks. My previous band broke up last December up after a long run. We did originals, Dead, Allmans, blues, mixed things up, had a good harp player, and a sax player, and we always avoided the cliched standard cover tunes that many bands do, and the tunes we did cover we did our way. We had fun playing, I miss the good old days (not the end days).

I have a Tobias 5 string, Mesa 400+ power head, and a Mesa 4x10 cabinet that I sometimes use with an SWR 18" cabinet for "the feel".

I know plenty of Dead, my favorite tunes to play are Terrapin, Estimated, Playing in the Band, Ship of Fools....the list goes on it's all so GOOD! I can be available for jams too.

I enjoy checking the discusson board and reading all the interesting stuff, checking out the videos, the instruction tabs, this is a cool site and I'm honored to be among the faithful.

BTW today is the thirty second anniversary of my first show!!
5/13/1978 The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA
Fifteen years old and sitting in the seats behind the stage, Blown Away to this day:
Can anyone get a good copy of this one?

Jack Straw
Dire Wolf
Beat it on Down the Line
Peggy-O
El Paso
Row Jimmy
New Minglewood Blues
Candyman
Music Never Stopped

Bertha
Good Lovin'
Terrapin Station
Playin' in the Band
drums
Truckin'
Black Peter
Sugar Magnolia
:hail: :hail: :hail:
Grateful Dad
Phil
Phil

Re: Introduction & Anniversary

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Thu May 13, 2010 11:12 am

Welcome !
Happy Anniversary !
:D
Tennessee Jedi

Postby jeffm725 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:13 pm

Grateful Dad wrote:Greetings everyone! I have been using discussion board for almost a year now without introducing myself first. My name is Dave and I am a happily married husband and a father of two young boys. My family means everything to me, hence my posting name "Grateful Dad".

I play bass in a new band called Honeystone. Our first gig is in two weeks. My previous band broke up last December up after a long run. We did originals, Dead, Allmans, blues, mixed things up, had a good harp player, and a sax player, and we always avoided the cliched standard cover tunes that many bands do, and the tunes we did cover we did our way. We had fun playing, I miss the good old days (not the end days).

I have a Tobias 5 string, Mesa 400+ power head, and a Mesa 4x10 cabinet that I sometimes use with an SWR 18" cabinet for "the feel".

I know plenty of Dead, my favorite tunes to play are Terrapin, Estimated, Playing in the Band, Ship of Fools....the list goes on it's all so GOOD! I can be available for jams too.

I enjoy checking the discusson board and reading all the interesting stuff, checking out the videos, the instruction tabs, this is a cool site and I'm honored to be among the faithful.

BTW today is the thirty second anniversary of my first show!!
5/13/1978 The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA
Fifteen years old and sitting in the seats behind the stage, Blown Away to this day:
Can anyone get a good copy of this one?

Jack Straw
Dire Wolf
Beat it on Down the Line
Peggy-O
El Paso
Row Jimmy
New Minglewood Blues
Candyman
Music Never Stopped

Bertha
Good Lovin'
Terrapin Station
Playin' in the Band
drums
Truckin'
Black Peter
Sugar Magnolia
:hail: :hail: :hail:

Ive got a very decent audience copy of this. Pretty fiery music never stopped..........PM me if you want it.

This show doesnt circulate on SBD afaik. I have 3 different auds.
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Thu May 13, 2010 2:02 pm

Welcome, and thanks for the background! I'm a little jealous of your rig... That Mesa stuff is nice! Let us know how the gig goes! :cheers:
Rusty the Scoob

Postby Laytonco » Thu May 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Congrats. Let me check and see what I have on this.

Peace,

Gil
Laytonco

Postby Grateful Dad » Thu May 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Welcome, and thanks for the background! I'm a little jealous of your rig... That Mesa stuff is nice! Let us know how the gig goes! :cheers:

Thanks for the welcome Rusty!

Mesa is worth every penny, their bass stuff is built like a brick shithouse. I never thought four 10"s could get such good lows until I tried it.

The gig is long awaited. The last time I played out was December.

I don't know what's worse going without sex or gigging (can't live without either one) :lol:
Grateful Dad
Phil
Phil

Postby strumminsix » Thu May 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Wow! Very cool and HI!
strumminsix

Return to Introductions