Grateful to be here

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Grateful to be here

Postby adellethegreat » Fri May 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Hello to all of you kind people! Name's Adelle, I'm a ukulele player from upstate NY. I've been playing for a couple years now- nothin fancy- but I have fun. I think I've learned about 30 Dead songs now, and most of them from rukind. Really lookin forward to getting to know everyone here & maybe even find some folks for virtual jam sessions.
adellethegreat
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Re: Grateful to be here

Postby Billbbill » Fri May 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Hey Adelle!

Great to see you here! Ya know I haven't forgotten 1/2 Step! We'll get around to doing that together one of these days - I swear!
:smile:

Bill B
Billbbill

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Sat May 08, 2010 4:24 am

Hi, Adelle! Uke, that sounds cool! Always good to have another non-guitar player on board! :lol: No offense to you all in the huge majority. : :wink:
Rusty the Scoob

Postby czyfingers » Sat May 08, 2010 4:32 am

Hey Adelle- Welcome! I'm a big fan of your vids and glad to see you here.
czyfingers
Mickey
Mickey

Postby adellethegreat » Sat May 08, 2010 8:33 am

Thanks for the warm welcome! Hey Bill- fancy meetin you here :) Crazy Fingers- do you comment on Youtube- would I know your user name? Rusty- what do you play?

I used to be heavily involved in a ukulele forum but it was over run by... well... idiots. I've been missin that community feeling & I'm really hopin this can be my new forum home :)
adellethegreat
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby czyfingers » Sat May 08, 2010 8:47 am

Adelle, I have commented on youtube and you've commented on mine too. On youtube it's czyfingers12 and actually Bill is in those vids you commented on also.
czyfingers
Mickey
Mickey

Postby adellethegreat » Sat May 08, 2010 8:51 am

Oh yeah- Now I've got you guys on jammin in the background- Tennessee Jed. I seem to remember insisting you let me come sing with you guys & if you didn't say yes- now you totally have to cause everyone's reading this.

(and whoa exclamation points turn into music notes on this forum... anything else I should know before I become convinced that my past recreational activities have permanently screwed up my brain?)
adellethegreat
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby Billbbill » Sat May 08, 2010 9:20 am

adellethegreat wrote:Oh yeah- Now I've got you guys on jammin in the background- Tennessee Jed. I seem to remember insisting you let me come sing with you guys & if you didn't say yes- now you totally have to cause everyone's reading this.

(and whoa exclamation points turn into music notes on this forum... anything else I should know before I become convinced that my past recreational activities have permanently screwed up my brain?)

I wonder how far you are from crazyfingers (kevin) - he's in Pough-town - I'm an hour and change south of him. Maybe we can split the difference? Huh kev?

Yea, I've been posting here for about 5 or 6 years and I occasionally get surprised by what the little grammatical dohickies spawn! Use the preview feature and it'll help fend off those false alarm flashbacks! 8)
Billbbill

Postby czyfingers » Sat May 08, 2010 9:42 am

I'm up for it Bill. Adelle?????
czyfingers
Mickey
Mickey

Postby adellethegreat » Sat May 08, 2010 10:00 am

I looked it up- It's about 5 1/2 hours to Bill- Kevin would be closer of course. The middle point would probably be Binghamton. I'm right outside of Rochester. Do you guys ever get out to Ithaca, by chance? My folks live out there I get that way pretty often.
adellethegreat
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Postby czyfingers » Sat May 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Binghamton happens to be my home town. Although I haven't lived there since 93. I do get up that way quite a bit, because my Mom still lives there. Was in Ithaca in Feb. for the furthur show. I used to spend a lot of time there when I lived up that way. It's head heaven for sure.
czyfingers
Mickey
Mickey

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Sun May 09, 2010 5:01 am

adellethegreat wrote: Rusty- what do you play?

Bass! Four and five strings, and mostly created or altered with the help of all the awesome people here. :cool:
Rusty the Scoob

Postby adellethegreat » Sun May 09, 2010 11:14 am

Nice! Now we just need a drummer & we're good to go!
adellethegreat
Wall of Sound
Wall of Sound

Return to Introductions